1190 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I love love love that movie!!! I al also in love with JGL

Post # 4
914 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I know! It kind of made me hate Zooey. Irrational, I know. I don’t hate her anymore… mostly 😉

Post # 6
702 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

OOOH its such a goodie…i love them in those characters too…so good 🙂 its been awhile since i’ve seen a movie like that

Post # 7
7457 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

One of my favorite movies.

Post # 8
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie.

I actually watched it with my Fiance when we first started dating and the first time I saw him cry was after this movie. He told me he was crying because he was glad he didn’t have to go through any of that any more now that he had me.  Presh.

Post # 9
1423 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I love JGL, too.  Watch 50-50.  Why wasn’t he nominated for an award for that one? 

Post # 10
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

This movie has been on my “to see” list for quite sometime now.  I watched “Like Crazy” a few weeks ago and most people called it an awful version of 500 Days of Summer (and I quite liked the other movie) so I’ve been intriqued ever since.

Post # 11
1257 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

That  is a great movie but I dislike Zoey Deschanel so much. We get it, you’re a manic pixie.

Post # 12
Hostess
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

ugh he is so hot I can’t stand it….sooooo my type even when he is super skinny!

Post # 13
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@pokie45:  I love that movie, but I don’t feel bad for Tom all that much.   He fell in love with an idealized version of Summer–he loved the version of her that he saw not who she really was.   She tells him throughout the movie that she isn’t the one for him, but he never really takes the time to get to know her or to listen to her.

I love Summer because she really did try to be the one for him, but ultimately knew he wasn’t in love with the real her.   I think that’s why they both get happy endings (whereas if she were just a cold character, I imagine the writer/director would give her an unhappy ending).   I like that the movie says you can love someone but that doesn’t always mean that they’re who you are suppose to end up with.

Post # 14
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2017

I love that movie, cause I can relate so much. I’ve been just like him… Refusing to listen to reality, worshipping the false person I built up in place of my real boyfriend. Totally chocked when it ended, and only realizing later that I was living a fantasy in my own head!

Summer was always honest, but he never wanted to hear it. He was so obsessed with his own dream life that he ignored what she was really saying.

It’s such a great lesson. You’ve got to see things as they are, love people for what they are, and always believe in second (and third, and fourth, etc.) chances .:)

Post # 15
4682 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@hachimitsu:  “Summer was always honest, but he never wanted to hear it.” Good point!

The topic ‘500 Days of Summer’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors