(Closed) 500$ invitations! How much are yours? Pics please

posted 7 years ago in Paper
Post # 77
675 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Ours were about $450 for the save the dates, invitations and response cards.  We got them from wedding paper divas during their Christmas sale.  We also bought 135 of each.

Post # 78
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Well, we ended up going a custom route with a design studeo, we have 150 guests and needed 74 invites, whcih came to a total of 800 but we are also having them do the addressing, so it will look nicer, and partly since I work two jobs, I have limtied amount of time. Although wtih that being said we went over on budget by $250.oo..yikes, feeling guilty that I have such expensive taste.

Post # 80
4038 posts
Honey bee

Mine were from LavenderPaperie1, on Etsy. Their response time was very quick (I contacted 4 vendors – only 2 responded at all) and were happy to answer my seemingly endless questions. We got 85 sets, including RSVP cards (not the envelopes, though – RSVP is online), hand-made invitations, belly bands, contrasting backing layer to invitations, return addresses and guest addresses printed by them, for $726. The link to ours is: https://www.etsy.com/listing/121045930/sarahie-gold-flourished-glitter-hand?ref=shop_home_active_4&ga_search_query=sarahie

Post # 81
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
@polyblonde:  Slow claps…bravo! I’m really impressed, they are gorgeous.

I love letterpress too BUT also can’t stomach the price.

Post # 82
210 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@polyblonde:  Those are so Professional and Gorgeous looking! I am still getting over the fact that you made those. I absolutely love the simplistic and modern design of them. Nice Work!

Post # 83
770 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I bought letterpress paper for $30 and forced my inkjet to submit to my will. The quality of the paper makes more of an impression than anything else, IMO.

I know I’ve posted this so many times it looks like I work for them, but Costco recently started printing their own wedding invitations, and the price:quality ratio is insanely good!

Post # 84
471 posts
Helper bee

500 for some paper! omg! but I’m not gonna lie and say i like the first option, because I don’t!

I definitely get why people would want to spend a lot of money on the invites, but I definitely don’t think you should buy those! check out etsy, some people make those invites and they are pretty nice.

but I see where you’re coming from about taste not matching budget!I like to say that my family and I have champagne tastes on a beer/soda budget

Post # 85
1146 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@Korenne:  

View original reply
@Happy Hopeful Bee: 

Thank youy ladies!! I think my bro and I are still getting over the process of making them! I still joke about waking him up in the middle of the night with the brayer and bottle of ink and saying “There’s MOOOOORRRRREEE!!!!” haha. It was like the never ending invitations. SOO much work! But they are really the only thing I DIY’ed and I am really proud of them. Really appreciate the kind words 🙂

Post # 86
1678 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

ours are so simple, but so is our wedding. i spent $310 total for save the dates and invitations with RSVP cards at vistaprint – had a 25% off coupon each time. this was for 80 of each.

Post # 87
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Yes letterpress is much more $$$. I am a letterpress printer. It’s much more labor intensive than thermography which is a digital raised ink printing which the 1st ones are. And that very thick, 100% cotton letterpress paper that takes that beautiful impression is mad expensive. If you want letterpress, find a design you like that is a single color. Each color adds a day for ink to dry between passss, and doubles the printing labor, as each color is a separate printing plate/run through the press. So single color tends to reduce the price a lot from 2-color.

Post # 88
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2019

. Fiancée and I want to do something like this from momentaldesigns.com. She does Amazing work! It will probably be about $500 for 60 or so…

Post # 89
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

Vistaprint.com 

And the total was $55.

Post # 90
Hostess
8573 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

My save the dates were around $120 for 50 [although I only used 37 of them], and were DIY.

Our invites will also be DIY, and will probably cost around $200 total for around 100 of them, which includes a lace belly band and pearl embellishments.

Post # 91
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
@daisyfay:  wow! i just had to jump in and say that’s awesome–we have a bottle jack press we use for lino printing and some basic letterpressing (small business my Fiance and I run), but I don’t see many people using bottle jack shop presses for printing. it works so well though, I don’t know why more people don’t use them! hope it all works out for you 🙂

The topic ‘500$ invitations! How much are yours? Pics please’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors