(Closed) $500 MINIMUM for day of makeup services?! Are you f’ing kidding me?!

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 17
555 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

That’s crazy!  I paid (before tip) $160 for my hair trial and day of look and $75 for my makeup.  I travelled to the salon to have everything done to keep costs down. 

Post # 18
7298 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

FOR ONE PERSON!? She must be smoking crack! That better be for multiple people! Or she better make you look better than any photoshop master can do. I seriously wonder what $500 worth of makeup looks like.

Post # 19
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@Miss Tattoo: I’m curious to see her work too…can we see her website?

$500 is believable if she’s doing multiple people…what does her resume look like. For all we know she could be a makeup artist for the stars. lol!

Post # 20
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@UpstateCait: My make up person is giving me a deal because she’s my friend- hair and make up plus trials for only $100, no minimums but her regular price is $250 for all of that, no minimums or anything and she has a real nice salon in downtown Chicago… I would move onto someone else- that is INSANE. Go to Sephora and have someone do you make up- if they’re good, ask if they can come out and do your day of make up. I found a really awesome make up guy that way but I had already committed to my friend so I stuck with her.

Post # 21
2599 posts
Sugar bee

@UpstateCait:  Oh boy… I bet I know who that was 🙂

I’ll have some suggestions over to you shortly, promise!

Post # 23
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@UpstateCait: The other option would be saying to your bridesmaids that they have the option of having their hair and make-up done if they want it.  I can’t afford to pay for the make-up for all my girls either, but a bunch of them asked if I was having mine done and if they could have theirs done as well.  I told them it was optional, and they wanted it, so they are getting theirs done too.

Post # 24
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

eeek! i got my makeup for 50 dollars….. my friend is a makeup artist 🙂

Post # 25
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

WOW! I am only paying $80 and that includes a trial, and travel. My friend who is a hairdresser is doing my hair for free. That is crazy.. 

Post # 26
546 posts
Busy bee

@UpstateCait: 350 hair and make up in L.A and she is coming to my hotel. Trial is 120

Post # 27
9024 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

yeah I was told crazy prices too… and so I decided to do my own makeup, I’ve never been really happy with make up done by other people anyway,even professionals. I feel like once i Have the right products i feel happier with it when I put it on myself

Post # 29
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I got the sticker shock when I was looking for a MUA as well. I thought budget of $500, is pretty good, it turns out $500 is on the low end here. So my trial and the day off ( she comes to me) is $500. I’ve been quoted for around $1k before. 🙁 My Maid/Matron of Honor (sister) is doing her own. I can’t pay for her and she doesn’t want to pay $300 for hair and makeup.

Post # 31
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@UpstateCait: LOL!!!

I’m paying $350 for makeup & hair and that includes the trials. I’m in a big town in FL.

The topic ‘$500 MINIMUM for day of makeup services?! Are you f’ing kidding me?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors