(Closed) 500 people invited to reception, venue only seats 175. HELP!

posted 10 years ago in Logistics
Post # 31
389 posts
Helper bee

@September2012:  fire hazzard.

well, a formal seated dinner would be out.

would you consider just cake, champagne, and apps… then everyone can float around.  there could still be tables and seats, and then high tables where people could stand…?

Post # 32
7111 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

First of all, if you and Fiance really want those 500 people to be there then try to find a way to make it happen. If not, try to cut without getting the family too upset. And if you can only cut to, say, 300, then make that work.

But come on girls, give September2012 a break! There seems to be some hostility to having a large wedding. Just because some brides only want to invite people they are close with and want to spend time with each guest day of, doesn’t mean everyone is like that. I have a cousin whose father is in politics and they had a huge reception because that was important to them. And yes there were some guests that had never met the couple, so the FOB did a lot of the greeting/hosting responsibilities day of. But that’s what the family, as a whole, agreed on and it worked for them. While some people may find it ridiculous, I thought it was lovely.

So back on subject – have you considered taking the whole thing outside? You mentioned tents, so I assume there are grounds that you can use. You can rent really huge tents that may accomodate the entire wedding. You would still be at your venue, but not inside. Just something to think about. 

The topic ‘500 people invited to reception, venue only seats 175. HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors