(Closed) $500 reception hall?

posted 8 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
484 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

i dont think you have to have an early morning ceremony do you??  4pm… you could have an 11am ceremony, with a 5 hour reception to follor if you so choose.. I mean 11 is early but not unacceptable… if you love it that much rock it… I wouldnt do a weekday… a lot of people you would want there wont be able to make it

Post # 4
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@eseds: i agree…plus that means reception would be around lunch which is cheaper to cater than dinner….

Post # 6
248 posts
Helper bee

Agree – 10 or 11 am reception followed by brunch or lunch.  I’d do something different than the traditional DJ and dancing for a daytime wedding.  Take advantage of your beautiful setting and plan around that. I have been to daytime weddings that were really nice…and we had the rest of the evening to spend casually visiting with friends and family in for the wedding which was great.  I have been to one daytime wedding where they tried to get people to dance but even with an open bar, people just weren’t in the mood to party in that way with the bright sunlight streamining in through all the windows. It would have been much more fun to have had a brunch with a string quartet playing in the background and time to mingle around the room.  Definitely would not do a mid-week wedding unless you’re prepared for lots of “no” responses to the invitation.

The topic ‘$500 reception hall?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors