(Closed) $5,000 for an outdoor venue, includes nothing but. Outrageous??

posted 7 years ago in Reception
  • poll: Outrageousness?
    YES, that's an obscene amount of money for just the use of the space. : (56 votes)
    61 %
    Eh, I've heard of worse venue deals. : (23 votes)
    25 %
    Sorry, no. That sounds about right. : (13 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 3
    9056 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

My SIL booked a venue in Maui for $3000 that’s literally just a room to get ready and a beach/lawn, and I thought THAT was crazy. 

Post # 5
    7300 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

@littlemissmango: That’s stupid. I’m sorry. $5000 for a tiny house with use of one room and a yard? Come the fuck on! I could see if there was a tent, tables, chairs, bathrooms, ect included, but just the space. Yeah, I would have said good luck with that  one. 

ETA: Sorry for the language, but that deserves the f bomb. 

Post # 7
    284 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I don’t think that is really bad. We are paying about $2,000 for 4 hours in a garden Although we do get chairs and some tables (not all the tables we need but some).

Post # 8
    9056 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

Yeah, I ended up fighting with my husband when she sent me the link to the site, because I truly didn’t think that she realized that it didn’t also include like… decorations, chairs, tables, dance floor, tent… Jeez, I would have expected the FOOD AND DRINKS to be included at that price, so I wanted to email her to ask, but he wouldn’t let me, because he thought she’d be offended.

Post # 9
    4038 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I voted outrageous, but I’ve also seen worse. There was a place we looked out–a barn and a field-like thing–for 6 hours for $7k. Not including anything. No tables, plates, glasses, nada were included in the base price. And of course, had to use their caterer, DJ, baker, etc. 

Post # 12
    5890 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2012

i’m coming across this, too…i saw an outdoor venue in the city we are getting married in that is beautiful, so i inquired about the price.  TWELVE THOUSAND.  and you have to bring in your own bathrooms, and there is no parking and you have to shuttle your guests in.  and no chairs or tables are provided.  i wanted to laugh at the woman over the phone.

Post # 13
    167 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

We were deciding between a venue that was $3500 including chairs/table stuff and one that was $5000 not including anything. We chose $3500. Guess what, the 3500 is more expensive! Because it requires us to use their expensive caterer. We ended up spending more.

Post # 15
    167 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@Mrs. Meowerson:

wow! For $12k you can get Hearst Castle. Definitely was my dream venue but too much $

Post # 15
    9056 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@littlemissmango: There’s only 10 people attending, including the bride and groom.  To me, it seem like you could just rock up to any old beach in Maui and get the job done?  That’s $300 per person for the priviledge of standing on their dirt!

The topic ‘$5,000 for an outdoor venue, includes nothing but. Outrageous??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors