(Closed) $5000 wedding in new york

posted 4 years ago in New York City
Post # 16
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

<div class=”message-content”>

So, evidently my Fiance deleted this from our shared google drive because he thought we didn’t need it anymore…. so sorry everyone!!!! From my emails here is a list of places I reached out to who were responsive by email:

Benchmark
The park
3s Brewery
Juliette
Aurora
Lavender Lake
ICI
Rucola
Isa
Akwaaba bed and breakfast
Numero 8
61 local
one if by land 2 if by sea
BachusQueens botanical gardens

They were not all under 5, some were over. I believe they were all under 10. Sundays and weekdays were always cheaper than Saturdays and Friday. We ultimately chose to go with Palo Santo, which we are getting for around 4 K for a sunday reception. 61 Local and 3s brewery were close runners up and in that price range. I disliked 3s because it was a private room not a buy out. 61 local required a dishes rental or something else weird which I didnt love.

We are doing our ceremony at the peristyle at prospect park which was only 25$ for the permit.

So sorry about the missing file! Im kind of bummed about it because I wanted to have it to pass onto my friends 🙁 Gah, MEN!!!

</div>
<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”> </div>

Post # 17
26 posts
Newbee

Thank you anyway! This is very useful! I managed to have a look at Aurora when I was in NY in April, and thought it had a really nice vibe and the food was amazing. I will definitely have a scan through each of your suggestions 🙂

Post # 19
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Hi Bees

Happy to see I am not the only budget bride to plan a wedding in NYC ! 

This thread is super helpful thanks for sharing ! Wish you all to find the perfect venue. 

For the moment I’m checking raw spaces with outside catering (like W Loft, Dumbo loft, Aurora Gallery).

One question for the NYC brides : do you know any venues with late curfew ? I am so surprised that guests must be out at midnight or 1AM in the so-called city that never sleeps !!!!

Post # 21
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2018

View original reply
mrstopaz :  Good idea, thank you ! Is it possible to buy extra hours at venues ?

In fact I am French and weddings generally ends up at 4 AM or 5AM…  I really picture my wedding as a big party and as my guests are going to travel from across the world I cannot imagine the party to end at midnight 😊

Post # 23
671 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
mrstopaz :  actually I looked at akwaba and their contrast states parties have to end at 11pm or somewhere around that time. 

View original reply
dodie :  you’ll find most NYC venus have noise restrictions after 11 due to neighbors — people living above or below. We are at our ensue till midnight than taking the party to a bar near by that is open till 4am. If that’s not possible you might want to look at renting a property on air B and B in the Hudson valley that is yours for the whole weekend. 

Post # 24
26 posts
Newbee

View original reply
k8goeslz :  do you happen to have pricing/terms/event info on Akwaba? I’d be very curious to see

Post # 25
671 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
sleeperwd :  I do! Pm me your email and I’ll forward you the contract they sent.

broad stroke: 250/ hour for space rental and they do not provide tables chairs or catering but you have to pick from their vendors and you must rent out the entire inn for the day of the event guest room wise. we didn’t have enough out of town people and didn’t want to deal with table rentals and outside caterers. But the price is not awful for the space. 

Post # 28
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - City Hall NYC

View original reply
mrstopaz :  he’s actually my husband and yes he’s very reasonable. Send him a message!

Post # 30
1 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
k8goeslz : I’m in the same boat as OP – living in brooklyn and trying to make something work for less than 10k.  Willing to go an hour or two max outside of the city, too.  Would you mind sharing your list of restaurants?  Sorry I don’t know how to PM on here.

The topic ‘$5000 wedding in new york’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors