(Closed) $5000 wedding in new york

posted 4 years ago in New York City
Post # 31
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
mga827 :  Sadly my beautiful spread sheet was deleted by my Fiance. But here is what I remember and can gather from emails- I *think* all of these places had options under 10k DEPENDING ON THE DAY. I highly reccomend going with sunday or thursday wedding– Friday and Saturdays are usually above 10K for all these places :(. in any case this is everywhere ish I looked at

Benchmark – cute, too small
3s Brewery – was our runner up. Have a great party room with private bar. Downside is they only let you have it for max 4 hours, then you have to move your party to the main area, and the main area didnt have the “after party” vibe we wanted
Juliette – cute but too small.
Aurora– down side with this place is drinks are a la cart only. I wasnt comfortable with that because it meant we wouldnt know what kind of bill would be run up. Pros are outside and inside.
Lavender Lake
ICI
My Moon- This place was out of our budget because our wedding falls in peak time. A monday through thursday wedding there would be about 10k all in including planning fees and you could host a ceremony. It was really beautiful and this is the one venue I think about sometimes like “maybe if we had just come up with another 2-4k and forced people to see us get married on a thursday….” the firday/saturday weddings are more like 18-20k.
Rucola
Isa
Akwaaba bed and breakfast – pros are low venue cost (250 per hour) and indoor and outdoor space. Cons are you need to rent out the bed and breakfast for the whole weekend, need to finish party by midnight, need to hire caterers and table/chair rentals. We didnt want to rent tables and chairs and have to deal with breaking them down or setting them up that was my number one priority next to good food so it didnt work for us, but I can see it working for a lot of other couples.
Numero 8
61 local – their back room was too small, I think it was impossivle to do an entire buy out and there was some sort of dishes rental situation I didnt want to get involved in.
one if by land 2 if by sea – this place might have been more than 10, our top end of budget was 6 so it was excluded immidiately but I have seen beautiful photos of other weddings there
Bachus
Bat haus-
not to be confused with bachus above (thats a restaurant) this is a raw industrial space. The space rental is cheap, but its not a pretty space and you have to deal with cetering and tables and all that jazz yourself.
Queens botanical gardens  –
Ive heard they have reception options under 10k but no one ever called me back or responded to my emails so I dont know details.
Scottadito Osteria Toscana-
third runner up. The problem with this place is they also have a party room downstairs (fits about 20 people)and they couldn’t guarentee if we did a buy out upstairs that they wouldnt also be having another small party in that room. Also the food was kind of standard blah fake ittalian and Fiance is foodie.
Palo Santo-
THIS IS OUR VENUE they charge 1000$ per hour minimum for weddings (but if you are doing a buy out you will hit this with 50 people at the price per head- about 65$ per person for family style) and we are going to be there for 4/5 hours so will come in under 6k for food and booze. Their food is SO GOOD. The only con to this place is the layout is awkward. We will have two tables that will be basically weirdly separated from the rest and wont be able to see/hear whats going on all the time but we dont care (and are puting FI’s rowdy friends there who also wont care). But they have been so nice and accomodating. We are doing the ceremony at prospect park at the greek structure before hand (25$!!!!!! for permit) and following the reception up with an after party at union pool.

phew. I seriously considered blogging all this info when we were looking at venues but then I was like MEHHH no one cares about weddings under 5 k in nyc! Now I wish I had! I seriously sobbed so much when we were looking for venues because google was only giving me places that are “traditional” wedding spots and finding these places took AGES. I’m 21 days out!! and will post a recap for you all when its done 🙂

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”> </div>

Post # 32
26 posts
Newbee

View original reply
k8goeslz :  thank you SO SO SO much. Happy 3 weeks out! Let us know how it goes!

Post # 33
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2017

View original reply
k8goeslz :  Hi! Can you share that spreadsheet with me? I’m also on a tight budget and 70-80 guests, looking in Brooklyn and Queens. Not sure how to PM you but my email is__

never mind see now that it was deleted, thanks for the info you shared with others on this thread!

Post # 35
26 posts
Newbee

View original reply
nowthisistaken :  I had a tour of Glasserie and if I rememebr correctly their prices are very steep so I took it off the list. I think for 60-100 people it was in the 15K-25 range but I might be exaggerating. Their event areas weren’t wheelchair friendly which was a dealbreaker for me. They have a really nice courtyard area which is open for summer (though not weather-proof) and some cool spaces if you have the budget for it.

Post # 36
580 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
sleeperwd :  Yeah, I had never gotten far enough in to considering them for our wedding to get pricing. Eek!! The fact that they were not wheel-chair accessible was a dealbreaker for me, and the issue of weather, besides the size of our guest count and how we could move everyone for changeover didn’t work. It looked like a lovely little space though.

The topic ‘$5000 wedding in new york’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors