(Closed) $500,000,000

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2419 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’m buying mine when I go to lunch today.

I would pay off my debt, build myself a nice house, buy a beach house, get my boobs done and then go on a HUGE shopping spree.

Post # 5
2419 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@littlemisst08:  Double boo. I hate how much higher education costs. I would totally set up huge trust funds for my future kiddos. And travel the world. (Can you tell I would rather be daydreaming this morning than working?)

Post # 6
9916 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Step One: pay off student loans

Step Two: pay off parents’ mortgage, my brother’s mortgage, and my fiance’s mortgage

Step Three: set up college funds for my nieces

Step Four: pay off my cousins’ student loans

Step Five: NEW CAR!!!!

Step Six: Buy a house/condo in New Orleans

Step Seven: Buy a lake house in New Husband

Step Eight: uh savings I guess!

Post # 7
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would gather a financial team as well. Then I would donate most of it to West Virginia 4-H and my county. And also upgrade my 2003 Hyundai Elantra.

I would also open a vintage store that sells vintage goods, locally made items and lots of good snack and drinks.

Post # 8
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

I’ll play! 

I would invest about 495,000,000 (minus half for tax I guess ๐Ÿ™ ugh). Then i would buy a fleet of Mustangs. A Shelby, a Boss, a Roush… You get the picture. And probably throw a Lamborghini Reventon in there too. I’d need my own racetrack then. We would get a new house here, one that I design from the ground up and make it perfect. And then leave for vacation all winter ๐Ÿ™‚

To be charitable I’d do something like my own animal shelter and there would be no cages or putting unwanted animals to sleep. 

Oh and yah I’d totally upgrade our wedding! Probably not too much, I mostly like the way it is. 

Post # 10
5475 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’d pay off my student loans, DH’s student loans, the mortgage, and I’d consider paying off the debt of my immediate family members.  I’d invest a bunch in our retirement funds, then college funds for our offspring, then college funds for our nieces and nephews.  I’d buy a pair of Louis Vuitton shoes and a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes as well.  I’d save/invest the rest, donate to local animal charities, and find some other philanthropic activities as well (like taking cancer patients out for a shopping spree, or a weekend getaway for parents whose children have life long disabilities, or summer camp for kids whose parents were killed in the military, etc….)

Honestly, I’d either still work part time or volunteer.  I’m not the type of person who is able to stay at home for any length of time.

Oh, we’d get cable too.  As of now we watch what we want on Netflix and Hulu, but it would be nice to have cable.

Post # 11
979 posts
Busy bee

I’d pay off my house and take a mini vacation to Fiji.

Put money away for the kids.

Get a mini tummy tuck

Plan the most awesome wedding ever and Pay the Foo Fighters to perform at my wedding, yes, you heard that right – I’d have enough money to pay them to play at a wedding LOL

Post # 12
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

We bought our ticket last night!

In my state the lump sum payout after taxes is $245 million,  I would pay off our mortgage and debts and probably give $1 mil to each parent.  I would do a total kitchen renovation.  I’d bank a lot of it for the time being and likely donate to several charities/personally volunteer. 

It would be after my wedding that I would have any funds to upgrade, which is fine.  I definitely would look at long term items. 

I’d also buy several christian louboutins. =)

Post # 13
1044 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Oooh! Just text FH and told him to pick up a ticket… I would finally be able to buy a place in NYC and move back!

Pay for FH’s schooling so he can do what he wants…
Pay for the wedding and who ever “can’t afford to make the trip”.
Take a long, much needed vacation…
Buy family a new home…
Buy season tix to yankees, giants, knicks and flyers…
Invest the rest… And sleep a lot ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

In order… pay off FI’s student loans, buy car, buy house, pay off parent’s house and help them out a bit, then wedding related stuff. It’d still be very similar to what it is, because it’s reflecting who we are not what we want (or don’t want) to spend.

ETA: @littlemisst08:  How did I forget those too!?

Post # 16
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We bought our tickets last night.  We are also in the office pool which is nice because if we win we get double the money that everyone else gets. lol

The first thing that we would do is find a good financial advisor. Then pay off our most of our debts and buy a house.  Nothing crazy.  I don’t think that I would quit my job or anything like that.

The topic ‘$500,000,000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors