(Closed) 5'2" 155lbs brides show me your dress!!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
6113 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m 5’3″ 155lbs; street size – pants 6/8, dress 8; wedding dress is a 14
My dress is a full A-line (which I’m making less poofy by removing some crinoline)

I’m very insecure about my stomach area and I knew there was no way I would be comfrotable in a dress that fit tightly around that area at the weight I am now. I used to be a size 2/4 so I’m not comfortable at this size :

Post # 4
4439 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

5’2″, 155 Lbs, Bust 37″, Waist 30″, Hips 39″

Street Size 12, Dress Size 10 by some miracle (Sottero and Midgley)

LOVED my fit and flare!

Post # 5
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@IzzyBear:  you look absolutely lovely in that dress. it really flatters your shape; i think it’s a great choice! definitely no need to feel self conscious looking like that!

Post # 7
866 posts
Busy bee

This is my size as well so I am interested to see pictures

Post # 8
6113 posts
Bee Keeper

@v_smoothie:  Do you have a picture of your dress? Or the designer/style number? Is it a corset back or zippper? A corset back can really do wonders for a figure, I just have this obsession with buttons so I didn’t go with a corset.

I’m sure your dress looks great. I mean, you wouldn’t have bought it if it didn’t look good right?! Everyone goes through a little bit of hesitation or regret…I sure as shit did. lol I’ve seen plently of all lace, fitted dresses that look great on girls with our figure.

I would guess my shoes are about 3.5-4 inch heels with no platform

Post # 10
4439 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@v_smoothie:  Ooops! Shoulda mentioned that!  I’m wearing 5.25″ Platforms in this pic.

Post # 11
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I am not exactly your dimensions but, I can’t see why a fit and flare wouldn’t look amazing on you. I feel like that style would elongate you more then a poofy dress.

I am 5’4″ and 165lbs. My dress size is 12 but, the picture below is of me the size 10 sample dress. 

Post # 13
342 posts
Helper bee

@v_smoothie:  I don’t think your pictures are showing. :S

Post # 16
342 posts
Helper bee

@v_smoothie:  I think the dress looks beautiful on you and I don’t think you look stubby.  It just looks a little long.  Maybe consult the bridal shop on alterations and see if hemming the dress is an option. Heels also work wonders too.  

Post # 17
6113 posts
Bee Keeper

@v_smoothie:  I haven’t really worn them much but they seem comfortable when I have put them on. I plan to be barefoot by the end of the night regardless of what shoes I wear lol.

i think your dress looks great! I don’t see anything wrong. It will need to be hemmed but that’s a given with our height. 

The topic ‘5'2" 155lbs brides show me your dress!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors