(Closed) 5'2" Bride… 140 pounds – Nervous about wedding dress/photos!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 31
5365 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2016

HippyBunniesinLove:  Thank you! You are so right about having to love it! That’s how I ended up with this one. I had dress regret so this is my second dress and it was pretty unanimous that the bees liked my first one better. Oh well, they aren’t the ones wearing it! 

Post # 32
5365 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2016

momloveslakings:  Thank you!! It looks pretty weird on a hanger, I can’t even lie lol. But I saw it on the bee and a couple of women on SYYTD and fell in love with it! 

kellijo13:  Thank you!! That is so true! And it’s pretty unique so I know everyone won’t love it!

Post # 33
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Either Philadelphia City Hall or a small chapel.

ksn1219:  You look great in your dress. It’s very unique.

Post # 35
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

HippyBunniesinLove:  Totally understand where you’re coming from – I feel similarly.

I’m 5’0 and currently about 145 (obviously hoping/trying to lose weight before the wedding – but I’m getting married in June so I don’t think I can realistically lose more than 10 pounds at most even though I’d love to lose 20).

This is me in my dress during my first fitting. I definitely think getting a dress with a lot of boning helps – it sucks you in and hids the bad spots. Also making sure to get a dress that flatters your figure (which hopefully this does?). Needless to say, I’m not a fan of my arms, and I need to figure out sometime to tone them before the big day (If anyone has good arm/armpit fat exercises hit me up! lol).

Post # 36
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I was meant to find this post! I’m 5′ 1″, 140 lbs, and lately my mind has been going to the dark place of getting our wedding pictures back and having them all be unflattering. I know that’s probably not what will happen, but I’m still nervous! My arms are the part I’m worried about the most, so I’ve been working on them a little more, but I would love to drop 10 pounds before my wedding day! 

All of you ladies look gorgeous! 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Stephie22.
Post # 37
26 posts
Newbee

Stephie22:  Monk6552:  do not worry- I am certain you will look amazing on your wedding day! If you really want to work on toning your arms just google “exercises to tone arms” and you will find many links to easy workouts that I promise can work in a short time if you stay consistent (I’m a fitness junkie and have seen many transformations). Regardless enjoy your day of love!

Post # 39
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

@ksn1219 – your dress is craaaazy, but in a totally good way. I will probably be doing a non traditional dress as well so GO YOU.

Post # 40
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I just wanted to say that ALL of your ladies look absolutely lovely. Even these “unflattering” pix you post. But I am really criticial of myself too so I know how it goes. 

Post # 41
234 posts
Helper bee

Ok, my initial comment was awkwardly worded. Here goes again – you all look amazing and thin and I don’t see any issues.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  planningaway.

The topic ‘5'2" Bride… 140 pounds – Nervous about wedding dress/photos!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors