(Closed) 5'2" curvy ladies ;) show me your lace mermaid gowns!!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2750 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am 5’0 but I wore 5 inch heels.  I have an hourglass figure so the mermaid worked well for me. 34C – 25 – 35

Post # 5
241 posts
Helper bee

OP, your dress is beautiful! I think once its altered to your height it will give you a much more balanced look, if your parents are claiming it makes you look short or wide. Once its shortened I am sure they will love it too.

I am 5’2, not too curvy but was afraid my dress would make me look “stubby” but I was happy with the end result. I wore 3 inch heels with my dress.

Post # 7
1770 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Whitwhit1689:  I’m not short or curvy, but I just wanted to say you do not look wide! That dress is gorgeous on you, so glad you went with what you love.

Post # 8
942 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m 5″3 and wore lace mermaid with a low practical heel

Post # 9
942 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

The sensible shoes

Post # 13
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@UrbanGem:  i love love love your dress. who makes it? from the front it looks like a simple, elegant mermaid and then BAM the back is on FIRE!

Post # 14
241 posts
Helper bee

@krystalite:  haha, yeah thats a good way to describe it, thanks! I usually say its a classic in the front and a party in the back. 🙂 The dress is a Winnie Couture, style Liliana.

The topic ‘5'2" curvy ladies ;) show me your lace mermaid gowns!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors