(Closed) 5'3 – 5'4 bees when did you start showing?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
7642 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

mandyhartwell:  5’4 here. It’s been a while, but real early, like before 4 months (16 weeks).  I’m pretty sure that’s a growing bump you have there! <3

Post # 17
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m 5’2″, small build and just got my round noticeable bump at 18 weeks. I was definitely starting to protrude at 16 weeks but it looks more baby bump now in week 18. That’s definitely your uterus starting to poke out ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 18
1492 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I could start to see a noticeable difference around 18w. But others couldn’t see much until 24w. at 38w I was congratulated by people for the first time and they thought I was only 6m pregnant. I gave birth only days later. Everyone is different. I had super strong abs from being a runner so I think that played a part. 

Post # 19
11744 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

20 weeks

Post # 20
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

mandyhartwell:  I’m 5’4″ and I was about 115 pre pregnancy, and  I really didn’t show until 6 months. Even after that, I still had some ppl ask me if I was rly pregnant even up till like 8 months lol. 

Post # 21
1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

I’m just shy of 5’4″ and about 100 lbs pre-pregnancy.   I’m 26 weeks now and can still hide it depending on what I’m wearing, but since my bump took for freakin’ EVER to show up, I make sure to wear clothes that make my little bump more obvious.

Post # 22
1647 posts
Bumble bee

People know knew how small I was pre-pregnancy could tell earlier, like maybe 22 weeks or so, but to someone new it really wasn’t obvious.

Post # 23
3039 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m 5’3 and 20 weeks now and I can personally see the difference, but I don’t think people on the street can tell. Also, it’s more like I’m wider overall – not really a clear bump. I’m still only wearing my normal clothes, except from one pair of pregnancy jeans that my husband bought me after dying to get me some maternity clothes (he’s beyond excited about this). I don’t find them very comfortable, but I wear them every now and then as it makes him silly happy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 24
6297 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

Cory_loves_this_girl:  Just out of curiosity … which way does it work? lol. If you are MORE fit you show earlier, I am assuming??

Post # 25
7430 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

wrkbrk:  They say that the stronger your abs are, the later you start to show.

Post # 26
1647 posts
Bumble bee

wrkbrk:  Yea, I think the same thing, I was/am tiny, but my abs are holding that sucker in, as I’m pretty fit.    

Post # 27
6297 posts
Bee Keeper

Cory_loves_this_girl:  Oh! The opposite of what I thought! Thanks for clarifying.

Post # 28
6297 posts
Bee Keeper

Purple_Bride:  Ha! I had no idea about this.

Post # 29
1647 posts
Bumble bee

wrkbrk:  

I figured I’d show sooner because I’m really small, like, there’s nowhere for the baby to go but out but I was still very flat at 20 weeks, and I still had clear abs if I flexed, lol!    

I assume if you’re small but not super toned, then in that case it would show sooner?

Post # 30
6297 posts
Bee Keeper

Purple_Bride:  LOL no this is all just interesting to me – not even TTC! My friends are preggo and look totally different even tho they are at almost the same week (20). I am average height/weight and NOT super toned, no! Def not! But it’s not time for me yet. Congrats on your pregnancy!

The topic ‘5'3 – 5'4 bees when did you start showing?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors