(Closed) 5'3" Brides: Let's see your dress!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 18
176 posts
Blushing bee

When I get my dress I will post it. It’ll be a drop waist mermaid style, I am 4’10 and will be wearing 7 inch heels To be 5’5. My Fiance is 5’9.

Post # 19
517 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I’m 5’2.5″ and 130 pounds.

I tried on a mermaid style dress and I think it looked terrible on me but I think that was more to do with my broad shoulders than lack of height:

The dress I chose was this (not sure what style it is considered though, maybe ball gown or A-line?)

I actually think that body shape is more important than height when it comes to chosing a style. The only thing with being short is to make sure that the dress doesn’t overwhelm you.

ETA: I will be wearing 5.5″ heels

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  Janelle123.
Post # 20
506 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Just like Janelle123 said I think body shape is more important than height. I am 5’4″ and 120 pounds and I have very few curves. I first tried loads of sheath dresses because I liked their flowy look but on me they were not quite right. I was kind of lost in them, it almost made me look heavier.

When I started to try on more fitted dresses that showed my figure I realized that this was the style for my body type (but not necessarily my height). I ended up with a trumpet dress and I don’t think it makes me look any shorter.

Post # 21
23 posts
Newbee

I am 5′ 2.5″ and 115 lb but hip-py. I am planning on wearing 4″ heels.

This is Essense of Australia dress I bought (was obsessing over it for 2 months). Only mine will be in ivory with ivory sash.

And this is Sottero-Midgley I really really liked (kinda think I made a mistake  here 🙁 ):

And this is another dress which looked really good but just wasn’t what I was going for:

Post # 22
23 posts
Newbee

sophielle:  I saw your dress in the other thread and I must say it’s absolutely awesome!

Post # 24
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

MrsLevell2Be:  I think we are similar in size, I’m 5’4″ 120 lbs and IMO fuller dresses swallowed me up and more form fitting actually made me look (or at least feel) taller. Here’s my dress for reference 

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  kortizi0.
Post # 25
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Stan Mansion

AgainstTheCurrent:  I think the second dress is The ONE. But you still look great in the first one.

Post # 26
878 posts
Busy bee

MrsLevell2Be:  I’m 5′ 2.5″ (yes, I’ll take that half! haha) and 112 pounds, and mermaids and trumpets were the only styles I really liked on myself. As others have mentioned, it really depends on your body shape. When I tried ballgowns and a-lines, the dresses were wearing me. When I tried something more form fitting, I wore the dress! Here is the dress I ended up choosing. I think it’s technically classified as a trumpet style but many would consider it mermaid.

Post # 27
878 posts
Busy bee

And yes, I’ll be wearing heels. I haven’t picked them yet, but likely a 4″ heel.

Post # 28
612 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Im 5’3″ and a little bigger then you ladies at 165lbs. I had a slim a-line.

Post # 29
807 posts
Busy bee

MrsLevell2Be:  I am 5’3, and 120. I have a faily large chest (32h), so I had to find something that fit my chest more than my height! I wore two pairs of shoes (heels for ceremony, wedges for reception) that were the same height (4.5 inches)

Post # 30
4 posts
Wannabee

I love all these beautiful dresses! Have a great wedding day mreject 🙂

The topic ‘5'3" Brides: Let's see your dress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors