(Closed) 54 year old first time bride

posted 6 years ago in 40 Something
Post # 3
3697 posts
Sugar bee

Sounds wonderful! I’m very happy for you!

I hope the Bee is a useful source of help for planning your wedding, and I hope you have a fantastic time before, during, and after. Best wishes for a happy marriage!

Post # 4
4193 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Yeah!! Fifty and fabulous! 🙂 Your dress is gorgeous, and your day sounds fantastic.  

Post # 5
717 posts
Busy bee

low key and lovely, congrats!  the dress looks great

Post # 6
1576 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Lovely dress! I am a 54 year old bride too – except this will be my third wedding! Your reception sounds like ours. We are having a big casual pig roast the day after. I am wearing a Victorian tea hat instead of a veil.

Have fun!

Post # 7
1141 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I love your dress Congrats!

Post # 8
1071 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

You look beautiful, congrats!

Post # 10
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Congratulations 🙂 You look fantastic!

Post # 13
409 posts
Helper bee

Your dress is beautiful, it sounds like you have a lovely day planned.

One small thing, are you sure you dont want a photographer? I know you said you dont want one in your face all day, but I know mine wasnt really all “in my face”. He was just there, capturing the moment but I didnt notice him half the time. The only time I would say he was “in my face” is when we did our portrait shots and he had to be. It’s lovely to have the day well documentated by a professional.

Post # 14
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

So glad you’re excited!  I love the deep v back of that dress.

Wow even tho I am younger than you.  We have a lot of similarities going on.  I do want to suggest something: if you dont want a train, why not cut it off instead of bustling it?  I also echo ^^ comment about a photog.  We are having one at our ceremony only, not the celebratory dinner.  The ceremony may be something you will want to capture.

The topic ‘54 year old first time bride’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors