(Closed) 54 year old first time bride

posted 8 years ago in 40 Something
Post # 17
1274 posts
Bumble bee

That dress is beautiful on you. Congratulations!  That sounds like a perfect day- good choice in planning the wedding you want. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Side note: is someone going to take photos of the day, if not a pro? I am sure you might want to look back at photos later on? 

Post # 18
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I love that dress! It was my runner-up, but it just didn’t suit my body as well. It sounds perfect and lovely!

Post # 20
2808 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Gorgeous dress and super cute shoes! You’re going to look great ๐Ÿ™‚

Just to echo previous posters, my photog was not in our face at all during the wedding, and he was so discreet I barely noticed him! If you don’t want a pro, it might be prudent ot make sure that someone brings a nice DLSR so it’s not just pics from a pocket digital. I really treasure my wedding pics and I’d hate for you to be disappointed after the fact. It’s ultimately your decision (I understand the feeling about not liking to have your picture taken), but I’m glad we had one. Just my $.02 Smile

Post # 21
386 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@dkacerek:  Congrats, your dress is beautiful

Post # 22
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Congrats, you look wonderful in your dress!  Are you sure you don’t wanta photographer? You may regret not having high quality pics of the day.  You can tell the photographer not to get in your face, etc., and only hire him/her for a portion of the day.

Post # 24
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Congratulations! I hope your day turns out exactly the way you want! I just got married (encore bride)… I’m 53 and he’s a couple weeks away from 38. We did a Destination Wedding in the Bahamas. Two things from your post that caught my eye: 1) walking a couple blocks with guests to party venue. I assume those who can’t walk will drive. Make sure you have options for bad weather of course. 2) No photographer…not a problem if you make sure friends bring cameras. I hired a photographer in the Bahamas and I’m glad I did. It was quick and painless. I’m SO glad we have good pictures of that day. We only hired her for 1 hour so it included the ceremony on the beach and then individual portraits, group, and any combination we wanted. We’re having an “at home” party in a couple of weeks and we’ll depend on informal pictures for that. You can instruct a photog that you only want candid pictures and limit the time you hire No one likes their picture taken but it is lovely to have some really good ones of us. Have a lovely wedding day!

Post # 26
1728 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@dkacerek:  you look awesome! dress and other pic. Im glad you did get a photographer- just let them  know you want a laid back approach and it should be ok- my Fiance is not a picture or in your face person..so we found a super friendly easy going fun and laid back photographer to help hm deal!

congrats on the dress and your big day that is coming soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 28
11484 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

How exciting!!! I am so happy for you!! I’m also glad to hear that you decided to have a photographer present.  Even if you only end up with a few pictures that you absolutely love, you will cherish those images of your special day!

I was a first-time bride at 47, so I have at least some idea of what this moment likely means to you! Best wishes to you and your groom!

By the way, I love your wedding shoes, and your 50th birthday pic is beautiful!

The topic ‘54 year old first time bride’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors