(Closed) 5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 153
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I’m 5′ 6″ and 158. I wear a size 6 and I think that is not big at all! Am I crazy? 

Post # 154
648 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@happyface:  I know what you mean. I’m in Canada too and am 5’3″ 130 lbs and wear a 6-8. When I shop in the States, I’m a 2-4:/

Post # 155
489 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I think Canada has UK sizing (1-2 sizes up from US).  For instance in Lululemon (CA brand) I wear a 6-8 but in US sizing I wear a 4-6.  And in the US I know lots of brands “vanity” size but I don’t ever shop anywhere where it’s truly egregious like the Gap – flattered that I fit into XS there but let’s be real I’m nobody’s definition of XS!

In this Chicago Polar Plunge pic I’m 5’4″ and weigh 145.  I’m the one in the pink hat…

As for the whole 5’5″ and 125lbs is ideal thing, I think there’s a huuuuuge difference between the 5’5″ lady who plays sports and exercises regularly and the 5’5″ lady who is sedentary like the average American & does not carry much muscle mass.  140 can look really different depending on your level of activity!

Post # 156
39 posts
Newbee

I’m 5’2″ and approximately 140 lbs. I’m a 32DDD so that explains some of it, but I wear a small in dresses and a 4 in jeans.

Post # 157
2085 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
@fiver:  I’m loving your dress in this photo!!! where’s it from?

I’m 5’6 and typically around 140-145 and I’ve never felt good about myself, though I can logically say I know I’m slim.  My lower belly has a significan ponch when I’m not sucking it in so that’s probably why.  I have a slow metabolism so I think my food sits in there a bit longer than most.

Currently, I’ve gained a few pounds.  I am afraid to step on a scale.  Last time I was 152, I’m guessing I may have gained a couple more, so I’m gunna say I’m 155 now.  I still fit into a size 6 usually (sometimes an 8).  Men have no idea what an ideal weight for a woman should be.  I’ve had girls tell me their weight and been shocked bc it’s significantly more than I guessed!  We have this idea that skinny girls all weigh 120 or less…but you can be 160 and fit etc etc

Post # 158
5009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

I don’t think many people know how wide a variety of figures women with the same weight can have. I’m 5’5.5″, I weigh in around 135lb and a size 8 UK/4 US. Not exactly huge! I know a girl who is my height, 10-15lb heavier and a size 6 US/2 US!

The topic ‘5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors