(Closed) 5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 17
2657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Thats not big at all.wow

Post # 18
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Yeh  men really do not have a clue, mostly because they read MAXIM and a woman over 109lbs – regardless of how tall she is is gigantic. Whatever,  Women of similar height and build will way more than a man anyway due to extra water and tissue.  Guys really do not have a concept of weight on a woman and what it looks like in real life.

Post # 19
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Men honestly can not judge size accurately. Just ask them how long they think their penises are. That’ll make you laugh. Wink

Post # 20
2408 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MrsRugbee i wish my 5’4″ 150 lbs looked like that! you look amazing!

alas, you at 150 is more like me at 140. now if i could only get back to 140!

Post # 21
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Bent Creek Winery (Livermore, California); Reception: Family Residence (San Ramon, California)

First of all, congrats on losing 32 pounds! That is amazing! And do not feel bad at all. You are well within your normal/average weight range for your height–and you look great in your picture! People gave me flack when I was 150 at 5’7.5. It’s so discouraging. People assume that anything over 120/130 is too big for a woman, but for those of us who are taller than 5’2″, we need a few more pounds to look healthy! 

Post # 24
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@tea I’ve kept pretty much the same dimentions as I’ve gained 20lbs of muscle over the past 3 years. All the varsity athletes at my univeristy are encouraged to follow a fairly strenuous weight lifting program. It’s not so fun watching the scale tell you that you’ve put on that much mass but it makes such a difference on the field!

I encourage you guys to engage in what I call “naked mirror therapy”: stand 4 feet away from a full length mirror, nude.. Don’t go closer and don’t look straight down or around the back and down. These are the WORST angles of your body and NOBODY else ever sees them the way you do.  Look into the mirror at yourself, in all your glory! This is what the world sees when they see you. Embrace it!

Post # 25
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@parasol  Thank you and Amen!  I am 5’11.5″.  150 is sickly on me and I have not weighed it since probably 8th grade. I weighed over 150 while playing 3 sports in High school! 

Post # 26
1006 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I think 140 is perfect. I am 5’5 and that is what I weighted about a year ago. 

I lost twenty pounds since then and managed to keep it off and I am happy at this weight….. BUT a lot of people tell me I look to thin and I became anemic and I can’t really seem to fix the problem. 

So I think that probably my body was healthier and happier at 140. And my boobs looked GREAT then!

Post # 27
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@SandyThePoet: That reminds me of a joke…

Why can’t women measure accurately?

Because all their lives, men have been telling them that |

|

is eight inches!

OP: Do not listen to men on the internet running their mouths about what a woman “should” weigh. (Half of them probably play female elves in World of Warcraft anyway. All of which weigh 109 pounds.) You and Ms. Rugby both look fantastic.

I do wonder what the creepy male fascination with poundage is. It’s like they think it’s some kind of meat counter.

Balding middle aged man with a beer gut in a stained Tshirt and too-small running shorts: “I’ll have 109 pounds of that blonde over there.”

Deli worker: “How would you like that sliced, sir?”

BMAMw/aBG: “THINLY of course! Har har har!”

Post # 28
7367 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@MrsRugbee HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all i gotta say.

Post # 29
7367 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@strangewaysherewecome I think ppl just throw out arbitary numbers that they hear and jump on the band wagon of “thats huge”. I’m sure NONE of the men on that board remotely look like a Denzel, Clooney or a Pitt. So screw them.

Post # 30
773 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

I don’t look nearlu as good as 

View original reply
@FutureMrsRugbee, but at 5’4″ and 135 I often get comments on how thin or fit I am.  I think a lot fo men are clueless to women’s weight!  I often hear men say OH that girl needs to lose liek 30 lbs!  When really the look they think 30 lbs will get is really only like 15 (since woman are smaller and they think is men weight).  Its like the thing with BMI, it just doesn’t work for everyone.  What is your muscular, or your bone mass is higher, its a known fact that some people’s bones and tissue just weigh more.  I woudl be self-conscious I would just be more happy that I don’t know men like that in person or that my Fiance isn’t that misinformed.   

Post # 31
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@AmberAustin I also think men are totally clueless about women’s weight! So many people lie about their weight (including so many celebrities) so it skews what seems normal.

I am 5’5” and 140 lbs and wear a size 6, so I think it’s pretty silly to think it’s big. In college I got down to about 125 and I think I was too thin for my frame–it was impossible to maintain, because my body is just not meant for that size. Like many women, I wouldn’t mind losing 5 or 10 lbs or toning up a bit, but I think that the ideal set by celebrities is often unrealistic for real women at a healthy weight with the healthy amount of body fat (even “fitness” level women should maintain a body fat percentage of 21-24%.)

A lot of celebrities we see are actually underweight, and especially if they have breast implants tacked onto a size zero frame, it’s setting an ideal weight that wer’e unlikely to match. Though I’m sure if I had a team of in-house chefs, on-call personal trainers, and plastic surgeons on my payroll I could probably get a lot closer to achieving that celebrity level of appearance. Okay, rant over  Smile

The topic ‘5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors