(Closed) 5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 33
5890 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

1) Men have no idea what lbs really look like. My DH was married before and his wife was overweight but if I ask him how much she weighed, he can’t tell me. He has no idea if she was 150lbs, 180lbs or 200 lbs.

2) Men in groups *have* to jump in a show how manly they are by declaring “no fat chicks” (kinda like groups of women who feel the need to have man bashing sessions), it’s a bonding thing. But what they say to the guys and who they are attracted to and will date, love and marry are different things altogether.

Who you are, your self-worth and dignity should never come from the scale. Heaven forbid, but what if you get sick and gain a tremendous amount of weight, will you be less of a person?

Post # 34
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@strangewaysherewecome: Yeah, those numbers are essentially where I am at and I wear a 4-6. I was once 130 and I was probably a little too thin. Clearly everyone wears their weight differently, and I don’t think men even understand because a man and a woman of the same size don’t weigh the same amount. 

Post # 35
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am 5’3″, and am 137lbs. Sounds like those guys are morons.

Post # 36
3521 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

This is a scary-ass headless shot I took so a friend could see my dress for her wedding, but I’m 5’4″ and stay right around 140-145. I carry my weight in my hips, thighs, and butt, so obviously my shape is very different than someone who’s more apple-shaped but the same height and weight. Every woman’s shape is different. Haters can suck it!

Post # 37
1312 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Guys are clueless. I wonder if it’s partly because 140lbs on a 5’5″ GUY is different than on a girl who has curves/other places where the weight needs to go (hips, booty, chest, etc)? Does that make sense? Anyway, they are totally clueless…

Post # 38
2546 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I was going to put in my .02 cents. But

View original reply
@MrsRugbee: said enough with that picture. Obvioulsy it’s not big, in fact depending on your body/frame it can be perfect.

Post # 39
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

You all are beautiful 🙂 I do believe that guys like curvy girls WAY more than those anorexic stick models we see everywhere. I am 5’7 & 160 lb., I lift weights at the gym a lot & I am 32/26/40 & my Fiance loves it 🙂 Like mrsrugbee I am muscular in the legs & hips which is where all the weight comes from.

I TOTALLY agree that a skinny weight for a girl 5’2 is not what taller girls are supposed to weigh!

Post # 40
2738 posts
Sugar bee

Oh please, I’m 5’5″ and I’m 145. I lift weight though so I have a lot of muscle mass and wear a 4/6. I don’t even climb on the scale anymore because it used to make me feel like I was BIG even though objectively looking, I looked great. I used to be 130, but honestly, I thought I was so so skinny. As in ‘no butt skinny’ and some of my relatives made fun of me (we are Africans and fans of da big butt) Laughing

Post # 41
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@MrsRugbee: I don’t mean to be super awkward, but you’re hot. And it’s so nice to see what a REAL person looks like who’s in shape, but not emaciated or a stick with no hips!

There’s a website http://www.mybodygallery.com that has user uploaded photos to show what people at X height and Y weight really look like. It’s been helpful for me because I’ve gone from 5’6 and 216 to 171 (working my way down to 145) but I don’t know what it’s actually going to look like when I get to where I want to be so it’s been a good point of reference.

Post # 42
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

This post actually made me feel terrific. 

I claim it! 5’3 and 1/4 in. and 145 lbs, lol.

Love it!

Thanks OP for starting the thread.

Post # 43
1303 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Im 5’3″ and vary between 134-136 and I am a size 4 and a vanity sized 2.  But I have a ton of muscle mass and gain no weight in my mid section.  We can’t just widescale say “this weight and this height is too big”  It depends. 

Post # 44
5109 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

I think this is crazy thats not big by any stretch of the imagination.

Post # 46
3977 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
@TheMrs2013: totally, guys carry their weight so much differently than women so I think that’s part of the reason they get messed up with our proportions.

I’m just under 5’9″ and 156 lbs. I’m a size 8 (sometimes 6 depending on the store). I know I’m not fat, but I still feel chubby when I say my weight because of the weird stereotype behind being around 150!

Annoying part is that my DH has recently lost some weight and is now hovering at around 160. I’m gonna be so irritated if he gets below my weight! He’s 6’0″ for goodness sake!

The topic ‘5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors