(Closed) 5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 48
6350 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m 5’3 and weigh 110 at my heaviest and I look anorexic.

Post # 49
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Hot damn ladies!  You all look great!  @ FutureMrsRugbee jealous!

Guys have no idea how much women are suppossed to weigh, in part because women have a higher percentage of body fat–ya know in those things they like called boobs and booties? Our bodies are built so differently, they just don’t have any real experience of it.

In college I had an exercise physiology class and they did body fat composition testing on us.  I was interning as a fitness instructor and had 17% body fat from working out all the time and being pretty thin to begin with.  My guy friend’s response was,”Damn girl, where do you hide it?”  He was super concerned because for male athletes (which he was) body fat is much much lower.  His other friend told him he was an f*ing idiot.  He was just totally clueless.

Post # 50
11376 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Men do NOT know what they are talking about when it comes to women’s weight. Seriously, they just don’t! Atleast the ones who don’t work with women in fitness such as trainers. I am like 5 foot nothing & weigh 115-120 depending on the day. 

In 2009 & early 2010 I was 135 & I found a picture from summer 09 of me at 5 foot weighing 135:

Post # 51
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Uhh yeah, I’m 5’5 and about 145.  No one calls me fat.  Guys can be idiots.  My fiance couldn’t guess my weight to save his life. 

Post # 52
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m 5’6″, 135 pounds and I am definitely not fat.  I think that judging people by how much they weigh is inaccurate, they don’t know what your body composition is.  Guys are stupid sometimes.  Don’t listen to them.

Post # 53
2546 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I am at 5’5 145 lbs. And while there is room for improvement, I hardly find it disgusting or ” big”.

Post # 54
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

All you ladies look amazing and healthy. Guys don’t know what they’re talking about!

Post # 55
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

This post is amazing!! I’m 5’5″ ish and I’m at 143, some days higher.  And I hate BMI, it constantly says I’m borderline overweight which just makes me feel like curling up in a little ball.  You ladies all look fabulous and are perfect.

Post # 56
2394 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Edited because I’m paranoid.

Post # 57
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@teaadntoast: Don’t be paranoid! You looked fantastic in your dress!

Post # 58
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

it sounds like you might be about a size 8.  I do NOT think that is anything close to huge at all. it is actually way smaller than the american average. 

here is me: 5’6″ and 150 lbs

Post # 59
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

double post

Post # 60
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Damn you girls are smoking hot!  Guys really don’t get what women weigh because the only time they hear a woman’s weight is if it’s really low.  So they assume anyone over 110 pounds is large which, um… yeah.  Whereas really fit men can have body fat percentages below 10%, for a woman that is the land of serious health consequences, since our hormones start getting wonky around 18% or so.

While I’m not big on comparing weight and measurement (I think it can sometimes promote bad body image), I LOVE when people post their pictures and weights because I think it shows that women of 130/140/150/160+++ weights can and do look healthy and hot.  These photos show women of different weights and BMI categories as well.

And 5’2″ girls can have some healthy weight on them, too.  I’m 5’2″ with large bones and serious muscle mass (my body fat % is in the low 20s).  I don’t always weigh myself *cue dos equis guy* but when I do I’m a little over 130. Mostly in my biceps and calves, apparently.

The topic ‘5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors