(Closed) 5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 63
7994 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

I am 5’4″ and look my *best * at 135-140lbs.  I have been as low as 115 as an adult (when I was having a lot of divorce drama) and people all told me I looked sickly- when the BMI charts all said I was in the “normal’ range.  It toally depnds on your body type and frame.  I am super pregnant right now, but after I have the baby my GOAL is to be at 140lbs.

Post # 64
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
@strangewaysherewecome:  I’ve only skimmed through the responses, but just remember, guys have no clue how much someone actually weighs.  Women hold weight completely different from men… and from other women.  My SIL and I are the same height (5’4″) and we can sometimes fit in each other’s clothes.  Yet, she weighs about 20 lbs less than I do!!  

ETA:  Added a picture of me and my cousin – I’m the shorter one on the right 😉 

Post # 65
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m going through something similar! I’m 5’1 and 138lbs. My measurements are 33.5 – 26 – 39, and I think I’ve gained about 20lbs this year. It has all went to my ass and boobs! lol I freaked out when I saw the actual number, but to be honest, there’s no big difference in my body shape.

January 2011

June 2011 + 20lbs heavier (excuse the wacky pose lol)

Don’t let the numbers discourage you! It’s just a number, trust me!

Post # 66
1148 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

That’s asinine – I’ve been 5’4″ and 125 lbs during the majority of my adult life, with small stint around 115, where I felt my best.  That said, in 2001 I was 125 lbs and a size 6.  I am now a size 2 and the same weight.  Weight means nothing.

Post # 67
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Please! 5’5 and 140 is not in any way shape or form (or if so, rarely) overweight.  I’m 5’5 and 210–that’s overweight! Men just need to step away from the weight topic. 

Post # 68
1623 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Men have no idea what they are talking about. I’m 5’8″ and used to weigh 115lbs and I looked like death. It was gross. Now I’m about 125 and I feel better but I had someone say to me that my size 4 body was “4 sizes too large” and I needed to take the weigh back off. All those magazine bodies are photoshopped to be smaller than they actually are. Don’t change a thing and dont worry. The man you are marrying loves your body I’m sure

Post # 69
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@MrsRugbee: You are rocking that suit!! DAYM!

All you ladies look fantastic!  I’m working my way back down to that weight again.

Oh and to the OP about what you read on those other boards:

You Can’t Fix Stupid.

Post # 70
2546 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

All the ladies look so good on here!

Post # 71
1623 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Oh and thank you to the poster who posted that website with real women at different heights and weight. I have body image issues and what I see in the mirror doesn’t actually exist (body dimorphic disorder is what I think it’s called). Seeing those women who are my size gives me perspective.

Post # 72
1523 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Thank you so much for this post!  I am 5’4 and 140 lbs.  I have been obsessing about losing 10 lbs. because of all the pressure on weight.  Unfortunately, I gained a lot of my weight in my belly which I definitely need to work on, but seeing you beautiful ladies makes me feel so much better about myself 🙂  I think we all have a minor case of body dysmorphia!

Post # 73
5982 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I am 5″8 and the smallest I have weighed as an adult was 160 and my ribs were showing (everyones body is different) I had people asking me if I was eating. Seriously….so 5’5 140…is thin if you ask me!!!!

Post # 74
2017 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Weight and body type is just so strange.  I’m 5’4 and when I was in high school I always weighed around 110-115.  Now, I weigh about 133 and am still just as tiny.  I wear a size 4.  But I do a lot of yoga and I work out with weights, so I totally believe that muscle weighs more than fat.  I’m a lot heavier than most people would guess if they saw me in person.

Which is why nobody should even own a scale.  Go by how your clothes fit.  Period.  It makes you too crazy to look at those numbers.  By The Way, you all look smokin’!

Post # 75
773 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
@MM423: I LOVED your rant, its exactly how I feel all the time.  My Fiance is the only guy I dated who understands that its not SUPER easy to lose fat (he like me has a body type you gain muscle and fat easily).  Compared to some of my other BFs… i ahd one say quote “My last Girlfriend was your height and weight 95 lbs, why can’t you be that thin”  

I will continue to wait until the day that I have have an entourage of people decided to having me look good!

Post # 76
920 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

its ok i went to a gym to work on my ARMS and they had me do a bmi check and im borderline obese at 5’2 150 pounds with d boobs…ya i didnt renew that membership…

also i have a 2 year old…a little bit of baby fat is still acceptable lol

The topic ‘5’5 is @ 140 lbs. is huge??? really???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors