(Closed) 57 Days away and just made my list of to do’s… OMG

posted 8 years ago in December 2011
Post # 3
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

OMG – TOTALLY with you on this one.  I made a list last week (49 days out) and freaked and Fiance thought I was nuts.  Now I’m 6 weeks (42 days!!!) and somehow calmer about it?  Although, I highlighted a couple of things on the list for Fiance to help with (he’s currently unemployed so he’s volunteered to assist) and after seeing the list he actually freaked and started volunteering to help MORE.  I think hell is freezing over.  What kind of stuff do you have left?  I still need to do programs, placecards, table numbers, favors, and more….UGH! TOO MUCH!

Post # 5
2634 posts
Sugar bee

22 days and counting for me and I still have a fairly long list!

Post # 6
144 posts
Blushing bee

@speulie :  Your list looks SO MUCH like my list.  This weekend I’m: finalizing my ceremony music & readings, booking all of my pre-wedding salon appts (nails, eyebrows, etc), booking the honeymoon hotels, booking the limo, summarizing my vendor payments & drafting a timeline.  I figure once I finalize the ceremony details I can order the programs, menus, place cards & thank you notes to match, all at once.  And I totally forgot about a pen for the guestbook.  NICE!

Post # 7
2186 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

yeah dont freak out – i have 8 days left and my list is still as long as my arm….

Post # 9
461 posts
Helper bee

@sbbridebythesea: We found a really nice pen at target in the regular pen aisle. It’s silver and has a design at the bottom that at first glance looks like rhinestones. I’m pretty sure no one would guess it was only $2.50!

Post # 10
29 posts
Newbee

This weekend I am going to:

Get Rings Engraved

Develop Pic for our Guestbook (we are have our guests sign matting for a big frame)

Get custom matting done for our signature frame and the congradulatory (sp) letter from the President we received and will display

Get Shapewear for under dress

Order Slip (already had fitting but still need)

Get 3 vases and sand for Sand Ceremony

Write Vows

Adjust our flower order (some needs have changed)

Send Thank Yous for work Shower I had on Thursday

Pick songs for Ceremony

Order Ribbon for bouquets

Shop for disposable cameras to set at each table (I don’t care about this by my mom and Fiance are insistent that we have these)

Things I am thinking about:

Card Box

Placecards/Table Numbers/Programs

Honeymoon Shopping – might get to that this weekend…we’ll see 

Post # 11
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

*glances around*  I overplan.  To the point that I bought a terracotta pot, a candle, miniature paper bags, and a photo mat yesterday.  Because we’ll have citronella candles at our outdoor wedding, and I found citronella votives online…  so I thought they’d look cute in terracotta pots.  And shouldn’t those pots be painted?  But what if the paint doesn’t do well with a candle?  So I bought a little terracotta pot, painted it navy blue and peach (going to leave the rim terracotta), and burned a little votive in it – works.  The bags are for table favors – want to do little bags of flower seeds, but I wasn’t able to find cheap bags online.  These were 99 cents for 25.  Will try to figure out what sort of label to put on them.  The photo mat (for “framed” drawings in the centerpieces) will establish the size of drawings, and whether I can make an appropriate stand for a mat.  I also got the materials for my and my bridesmaid’s jewelry – I made mine yesterday.  All so I can make a to-do list as I am engaged.

I’m not even properly engaged.  What is wrong with me???

Post # 12
7173 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@SaraRocks:Thank you SOOOO much for that link!!!  I’ve been looking for something just like that (as I keep feeling like I’m forgetting things!!)

Post # 13
1222 posts
Bumble bee

@SaraRocks: I know it was for speulie, but thank you SO much for suggesting that website! It’s totally awesome & I know it’ll help me too 🙂

Post # 14
29 posts
Newbee

WOW! I just wish I found the website sooner…seems like it would have helped a lot thoughout the whole process.

The topic ‘57 Days away and just made my list of to do’s… OMG’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors