(Closed) 6-7 months notice for florist and photography.

posted 8 years ago in Houston
Post # 3
2703 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

it really depends on the area and the luck of draw.

we booked our florist/photog in february for our september wedding

and we also booked our cake lady in march

my photog was my #1 choice and we were grateful they weren’t booked yet.

up here there is an “off-season” from nov-march where vendors aren’t as busy nor as expensive so it would work… but in houston, the weather might not play a big role in “off-season” i would just do some more research and find out what’s available.

also, are you ready to make financial committments at this time?

Post # 4
2820 posts
Sugar bee

I was only engaged 4 1/2 months and probably didn’t go up to where our wedding was and talk to vendors till like 3 1/2 months, no one seemed to have a problem, it was in NJ.

Post # 6
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We started planning our wedding 7 months before… and only started picking out our vendors and other things about 5-6 months before (right now)… the #1 photog I wanted wasn’t an option, and reception venue choices were limited, but we’ve had no issues at all. Maybe in Houston there is a higher demand, but it has not been a problem for us.

Post # 7
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

photographer: Jesse Monreal 713.515.5993

he did my bridal shoot which was in the blue bonnets, our engagement session, and our wedding which is gonna be this July 😛 if you wanna see some of my pics that he did i have them on FB just add me as a friend my link is

hope this helps 🙂

Veronica Cinco

http://www.facebook.com/vccinco

Post # 8
211 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

We found every vendor but the venue by attending a bridal expo. We had two dates available at the venue- 2 months out or 8 months out. That is why we chose the expo- to talk to as many possibilities as possible- to see if 2 months was possible.

We got married in early March and had no problem finding vendors. I highly recommend the bridal expo to feel out the availability of vendors.

Our florist had no problem with our timeline- we signed the contract 3 weeks out.

Post # 9
10366 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

We booked our photographer about a year out. I would suggest looking ASAP, so that you know who you will want to contact. Luckily, March is a down time for weddings, so you may luck out and get someone you like without much hassle. BUT, if you can, I would suggest getting your venue/photog sorted out sooner than 6-7 months if possible. I know my photog tends to be 100% booked about 10 months out. Florists can service multiple weddings on any given date, so you have more date flexibility there…

The topic ‘6-7 months notice for florist and photography.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors