(Closed) 6-8 minutes of video costs….

posted 8 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
1429 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I have just started looking into this. $2500 for 6 to 8 hours. 

Ahhhhwhaaaat!!!!!????

Post # 6
1429 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Mrs. Meowerson: Me too at the 1k LOL

Not sure how many minutes. I have only contacted 2 so far and as soon as I saw the price in the email they sent me I deleted it! haha

Post # 7
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Our videographer gave the option of how long (approx.) we wanted our video to be – she said that it’s often harder to make a shorter video because they have to decide what to cut and can’t always include everything that they would like to. So I’m not sure that the price would necessarily be lower for a shorter video, everything else being the same. Our video ended up being about 20 minutes, and we also got footage from rehearsal dinner, bowling party (after rehearsal dinner), getting ready, first look, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, special dances, and dancing, etc. All of that was about $5k I think

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We spent $300 for 3 days of coverage by using Storymix.  It’s an alternative to a standard video.  They send you Flip cameras to have your friends and family do the videoing (is that a word?) and they turn it into a great edited video.

We were going to cut video from our budget or have a friend get some footage, but we’re really glad we went this way.  Much easier than trying to get the video and do something with it.

Post # 9
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We had a student from a local university who was studying film do our videography for $600!  We looked into professionals and were blown away by the costs.  Our video is the ceremony, reception, photography and highlights.  He did a really good job, worked from beginning of the day to the end and it was actually one of the things I most liked post wedding!

Post # 10
1190 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I was quoted 1800$ for a 8 minute highlight video.. And on that note we are buying a camera and tripod.

Or possibly looking into @AmyCastle: suggestion!

Post # 11
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I spent $1000 for an edited “music video” I think it was about 3 minutes. But I got raw footage of the entire day and I had 2 people filming, so it covered EVERYTHING, from when we all met to get ready to the very last dance. I was really satisfied with our video, and it was a bit of a splurge since we had a small budget, but our videographer raised his prices like a month after I booked him, so I’m glad I booked him when I did!

Post # 12
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@AmyCastle: Also this is super cool! Do you have the video? I would love to see it Laughing!

Post # 13
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1991

Please understand what you’re paying for with videography ( and photography as well).  Unlike other vendors all of our work is done AFTER your wedding day.  Florist, caterers, and most everything else for your wedding is done before or day of your wedding.  When you get a quote for “6 to 8 hours of coverage”, please understand that is for just te day of your wedding and is the easiest part of your wedding day for us.  On average I get anywhere from 8 to 12 hours of video on a wedding day.  When you are on your honeymoon, we are working on your video.  It takes me on average 10 to 14 hours to edit a wedding video for every hour of video capture.  

A 6 to 8 minute highlight video is pretty common, I provide every bride with a 3 to 4 minute “trailer” of their wedding day.  So, $2500 for 6 to 8 hours of coverage is a bargain when you break it down on ALL the work that is done.  For me, it brreaks down to about $3.00 an hour when you add the shoot time and the edit time.  Any video worth having or watching will take time to put together.  

Post # 14
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1991

However, most professional videographers are going to give you more the 6 minutes and most times they are.  The average length of one of my wedding films is anywhere from 1 hour and 20 minutes to 2 hours.  So you can imagine the amount of work involved in taking 12 hours of footage and waddle it Dow to an hour and a half. 

Post # 15
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Ours was the price of a new handheld. We “hired” a friend of ours who just graduated with her degree in film and digital media and bought her a camera and new tripod. I can’t tell you how it turned out because she hasn’t finished yet- she’s in Americorp so I guess it’s eatting up her time?

Post # 16
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Ours is $1450 for ~2 hours of footage and a highlight clip. This is 2 videographers for 9 hours. We bargained the price a little, because I wouldn’t pay over $1500 but I really really wanted a video of our day! They are a husband-wife team who just started a couple years ago, but I love their highlight clips posted online, so I went with it. All other places I contacted quotes me between $2000 and $4000, some for only 30 mins of video. Crazy!

The topic ‘6-8 minutes of video costs….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors