(Closed) 6 BMs, 12 GMs? Can this work?

posted 9 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
2765 posts
Sugar bee

This definitely sounds like a great idea!

The only downside I can think of is, maybe some of his non-GM friends might be hurt.  I mean, when a guy has 12 groomsmen and you don’t make the cut… you’re kinda #13 on the list at the highest!

Post # 4
7494 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think that sounds like it could be cute.

Post # 6
531 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think it sounds like fun!!!

Post # 7
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

Ugh, I can totally relate! Fiance keeps asking people, and he’s not even super close to them! Since he asked his close friend from HS and they were a group of 3 he had to ask the other guy even though they aren’t close and never speak or see each other. Then he had to ask his cousin who he’s not close to only b/c he was in his cousins’ wedding year ago! To Mr. Bee’s point, I tried to warn him that if his side keeps growing, not only is it going to look really weird, but the few guys were weren’t asked are going to get upset. I feel like it’s too late in the game for me to ask more ladies, but I of course only asked 5 who I was super close to. And they all expected it b/c we are super close! Sorry to vent on your thread, I just have been stressing about this lately..

Post # 8
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Just something to think about- my Fiance was in a wedding this summer as a groomsman for one of his really good friends.  He was one of 10.  He did say that he felt that even though he is really good friends with the groom, when there was 10 of them, it felt like he was just “one of 10” because it was such a circus having so many guys.  And there were guys who were “not as good of friends” of the groom there who made comments like “well, since there’s already 10 how come I wasn’t included?” 

Your Fiance might not get into that situation with his friend group, but you might suggest he be prepared just in case he gets into an awkward situation. 🙂

Post # 10
2201 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My FH’s friend did this exact thing. It was pretty amusing wataching 2 dudes walking each girl down the aisle. And they had a 2-tiered “head” table to fit everyone.

The topic ‘6 BMs, 12 GMs? Can this work?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors