(Closed) 6+ Club TTC Alumnae — How did it happen for you?

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What did it take for you to get your BFP?
    It just took time! : (11 votes)
    27 %
    We needed meds/treatment. : (21 votes)
    51 %
    We thought we'd need treatment, but we just needed a little luck! : (9 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 3
    4038 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We had a chemical pregnancy at 5 months, a miscarriage at 10 months, and got our (hopefully) sticky baby at 13 months. 

I don’t know if we had/have any fertility problems. I charted starting at 3 months, and showed clear, constant ovulations. My BBTs were a little on the low side, but that’s all I know for sure. We had just started discussing seeking help when we got our last BFP (we got our BFP in December, we’d decided to seek help starting in January). 

Quite honestly, I’ve thought that the last pregnancy that I lost was a fluke, and I got pregnant again because of heightened fertility…but I don’t know for sure. I was positive I wasn’t pregnant this time, because we only managed to have sex one time, 2 days before ovulation. We used Preseed that night, but we had been using it sporadically for a few months.

Sorry I’m not more help. 

I hope hope hope you get your baby soon! (And the rest of the bees too, of course!)

Post # 4
    1993 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

So everyone knows my story, but just for fun, I’ll post it here.  We had 6 months of zilch.  We even did a full fertility workup bc my husband works offshore for a month at a time, and it was super stressful hoping that he would be home each month during ovulation.  We were fortunate in that we only missed one month somehow, but just because we anticipated it getting more difficult, we had the testing done and were both fine.  I was ovulating irregularly, in that some months it would be really late, and the RE offered to put me on Clomid and then injectables (after I had a crappy response to Clomid as it thinned my lining and gave me a cyst.  And made me a total beeotch) in order to try to “match up” my ovulation to DH’s schedule.  None of those cycles were successful, and I decided that it was too exhausting and I wanted to wait a while before I invested that much time and energy into a medicated cycle again.  But in January (month 7), we tried a new position – which all on the 6 months thread have come to know as the Pregnancy Position, and we got pregnant for the first time ever.  Unfortunately, we quickly lost it.  In February (month 8), we used the same position to finish every time in my fertile window, and the same thing happened:  pregnant but immediately lost it.  In March (month 9), we of course used the Pregnancy Position again, and we are now very happily pregnant- I’m *just* about 8 weeks….So for us, I really do think that it just took WAY more time than I would have liked it to.

I know in my heart of hearts that BFPs WILL happen for all of us.  It may not be in the time frame everyone wanted, it may require meds, or invasive testing – but every single one of the girls on the 6 mos and up thread and the Infertility thread are all meant to be mothers.  It is SUCH a tough road, and sometimes I feel guilty that my road was not as tough as others.  It’s not fair.  But it WILL happen.  It WILL.  Good luck:) 

Post # 5
    570 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2009

I didn’t post much on the thread, but I was definitely 6+ months!  It took a two years, 5 IUI attempts (two failed to even get off the ground, due to thin lining one month and cysts the next), one failed IVF attempt and finally a successful frozen embryo transfer.  Not the answer many are hoping for I’m sure, but it ended up working!

Post # 6
    349 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

we started TTC in September. I got off birth control around June, so I was familiar with my cycles and usual length of them. I had shorter than normal cycles (24-26 days) but nothing to be concerned about. I started charting and using ovulation predictor strips after our 3rd unsuccessful cycle, and both showed I was ovulating every month. I used preseed, drank fertilitea, used Bcomplex, royal jelly, and evening primrose oil before ovulation. At the beginning of our 7th cycle TTC, I started accupuncture. I dont know if it was that, or just our time, but that cycle I got pregnant. I have full faith that it will happen for you! I really really hope you get your BFP soon bunny!!

Post # 8
    1508 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

@bunny:  Thanks for starting this thread. It gives me hope.

Post # 9
    1263 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

Hi to all the familliar faces!  It took us 8 months all in – got pregnant on cycle 3, but miscarried, then had to wait a month, then got pregnant on cycle 3 actively trying again.  I had long cycles so it was 8 months all in – I thought I might have low progesterone or some other issue, but I never got to the point of getting tested.  I’m due in one month with a healthy baby boy!

Good luck and keep on truckin!

Post # 10
    5572 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

It took us 8 months to get pregnant with this sticky pregnancy. I had 2 early MCs during those 8 months and had to go on medication to get this baby to stick. I have PCOS with a history of very low progesterone (under 10, even after O and after implantation in my earlier pregnancies). My doctor also found out that my TSH was slightly elevated (still within what is considered “normal” but too high for what the prefer it to be when TTC) before I got pregnant this time and I’ve been on a low dose of medication for that throughout the pregnancy. In order to sustain this pregnancy I’ve been on progesterone supplements (started on prometrium and moved to PIO shots when I started spotting at 5 weeks) until this week. I’m 15 weeks now!

I miss chatting with all of the 6 month and up ladies all the time, I still feel most a part of that little group 🙂 I lurk daily and I’m always rooting for all of you to get BFPs!

Post # 11
    183 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Thanks ladies for the inspiring stories!

@jholler25 – did you do anything differently for the LO you have now, meaning did yr doc add any treatments? I’ve had 2 biochemical pregnancies and am undergoing some tests. Trying to figure out why it’s happened twice now.

Post # 12
    799 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I got pregnant on Cycle 12 after being diagnosed with unexplained infertility around 10 months.  My tests all came back fairly normal.  I did start spotting around 8dpo every month but my doc didn’t think it was a progesterone deficiency because the prometrium never helped me “get/stay” pregnant.  Looking back, I think it was a weak ovulation.  My temp never spiked too much and i never had any EWCM or O cramps.  We went to an RE around month 10-11 who prescribed 100mg of Clomid to boost the ovulation process and make things stronger.  On Cyle 11 we did an IUI with Clomid and prometrium along with a trigger shot, and no luck.  On Cycle 12, I took the Clomid  but then Darling Husband and I had the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to Paris, right at O time and right at the time of IUI #2.  I knew if I turned down a trip to Paris for a failed IUI, I’d regret it, so we said screw the IUI (and the prometrium which I was totally sick of taking) and went to Paris.  I say this through clenched teeth, but for the first time in a while, the BDing was actually FUN.  I was also taking Mucinex because I got a cold as soon as we got to Paris (which was freezing).  I didn’t notice any ewcm this time either but maybe there was a little more than normal floating around up there.  

To be perfectly honest, I’m sure the Clomid helped, but I think it was also the fact that I completely gave up the fight of the “scary” 1 year mark I was terrified of all year.    

Post # 13
    1993 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

@smokingpoint: I am so sorry for your losses:(

My progesterone has always been pretty normal, but I had some suppositories left from several months back that I used this time. I dont know if it made a difference or not. My Re told me (after my recurrent pregnancy loss bloodwork panel came back totally normal) that usually when a chemical pregnancy occurs, since it happens SO early, it’s usually just a bad egg for whatever reason. Of course I freaked and said “Do you think my eggs are bad?!?” And he said that everyone has bad eggs and everyone has good eggs and if you can fertilize a bad egg, then we just have to hope a good one gets fertilized soon. And then it happened the next month:)

I also have taken baby aspirin every day after O, and I’ve been taking a Bcomplex for a long time now.

I wish I had a more definitive answer for you:(

Post # 14
    5496 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2010

Almost two years, a few surgeries one of which was major, then an IUI, two monthss of Clomid, then IVF. IVF was our only way due to tubal issues. By far the most emotionally and physically hard two years of my life. Very tough financially in the end, too, since IVF was all out of pocket and cost us thousands. All worth it, though!!!! 

Post # 15
    1040 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2010

A big thanks to @bunny for starting this thread, and thanks to all of you lovely ladies for sharing your stories. At month 14 TTC, I definitely needed some hope.

Post # 16
    1175 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@bunny:  What an awesome thread, bunny!  Thank you so much for starting it. 

To all of the ladies who have shared their stories–thank you!  As redsmarties said, it gives us hope.  We haven’t been trying as long as some, but after 11 failed cycles you start to think that it’s never going to happen…  Thank you for the hope and inspiration to keep trying.  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  

The topic ‘6+ Club TTC Alumnae — How did it happen for you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors