(Closed) 6 days late and still negative?!?!

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
6216 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

If the tests say not pregnant, then you’re probably not pregnant. AF can be delayed for a number of reasons. Have you started a new diet, gained or lost any weight, changed exercise routine, or been stressed more than usual?

Post # 4
1069 posts
Bumble bee

That happened to me last summer… I was 9 days late for what seemed like no reason, I wasn’t stressed, had no diet or lifestyle changes, I wasn’t sick, I was just late. If it doesn’t show up after you’ve been about 2 weeks late I would see your doctor

Post # 6
441 posts
Helper bee

Your period might be late due to delayed ovulation. You could also be having an anovulatory cycle. Since you don’t know for sure the day you O’d, you can’t really say if you’re late or not. If your period doesn’t start in a few more days, test again.

Post # 7
6216 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

Hmm, well I have no idea then! I just stalked you and it’s not like you’ve just reached an age where your hormones level out or change lol. Maybe take another test in a couple days with FMU? You could also go to the doctor for a blood test. 

Post # 8
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I was once 5 days late and I tested negative consistently. I had no lifestyle changes, no stress, no diet changes, nothing. It was just late for no reason. I agree with consulting your doctor if it doesn’t appear soon.

Post # 9
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

It is frustrating. I just had this last cycle, but I wasn’t tracking o. I was 7 days late…it was my latest cycle ever. Not pregnant. Annoying though. I wish men got how annoying it can be to be a woman sometimes.

Post # 11
2539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

some times your cycles goes a little crazy.. it is normal.. chances are that yuo prob are not pregnant. If your cycle goes past 50 days you should contact a doctor.

Another possiblity is that you O’d late. Either way please dont get discouraged or stressed out it only makes it worse! Praying you!!

Post # 12
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Stress will prolong AF like @MrsStrawberry24:  said. You are probably just having a random long cycle. I had a weird 35 day cycle when I was consistantly 29 days for forever! Hang in there 🙂

Post # 13
7902 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

What test are you using? It might be worth investing in one of the higher quality ones like FRER if it’s really driving you nuts and you don’t just want to wait it out.

Post # 14
9142 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

When I am off BCPs I rotate between a long 45+ day cycle and a 30 day cycle.  It was super frustrating for the first 6 months until I noticed the pattern.

Post # 15
4574 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

It could be many things.  It could be stress.  It could be that maybe you ovulated late this cycle and therefore your period will be late.  If you are can, why dont you go to your md? if not, just wait another couple of days and hopefully she shows.  Also, remember that are some women that are pregnant for like 10 weeks and dont get a positive hpt because their HCG levels could still be too late.  GL

The topic ‘6 days late and still negative?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors