I’m a week late, now what?

posted 1 week ago in TTC
Post # 2
2571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - Courthouse

brookiecookie26 :  What kind of test were you using? I would definitely keep testing if you’re cycle is usually that spot on. I would use a first response test if possible. 

Post # 3
9820 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

My cycle has been a week and a half off with no babies and I’m usually fairly regular. 

Post # 4
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

A lot of women on here are going to tell you that you should get a blazing positive by now but if you keep testing and nothing shows up and no period I’d go getva blood test. My sister never tested positive and was definitely pregnant. Blood test is the way to go if you don’t get answers in a week

Post # 8
57 posts
Worker bee

I was a week late when I finally got a faint, faint positive. I must have ovulated a week late (first time ever that I can recall) as I’m now 21 weeks along and everything is looking good. 🙂 

Post # 9
765 posts
Busy bee

I would guess you ovulated late which is why your period is delayed. Doesn’t mean you’re not preggo though, but if you had ovulated on time you should be getting a clear positive. I’ve never had it happen but that could technically be implantation bleeding. I’d wait 2-3 more days and test again. If you still haven’t gotten your period or a positvie I’d make a doctor’s appointment. 

Post # 10
1825 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

You probably ovulated late for whatever reason.  I had this happen once (cycle ended up being like 25 days late for no reason) and decided to start using OPKs every month because I couldn’t handle the suspense.  Unfortunately, there really is no way to know what is going on until you either get your period or discover you are pregnant.  In my opinion, knowing when you ovulate takes a lot of stress out of life.  Others may feel differently.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors