(Closed) 6 days late w/ a NEG

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@mandy83ala: It could go either way. There’s been quite a few posts lately with ladies asking “how late were you when you got a bfp?” if you take a look.  

I didn’t get a bfp until cd52. Even though I was using opk’s, and thought I got a positive, I actually ovulated much later than I had originally thought. So anything is possible. 

I would give it another week or so, I know sounds like torture, and then call your doc to see if they will give you a blood test.

Post # 5
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@mandy83ala: sorry πŸ™‚ cycle day 52. So I didn’t get a positive pregnancy test until 52 days after the start of my last period.

Post # 7
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

How long have you been off birth control?  Are you sure you know when you ovulated?  I.e. did you use ovulation predictors or chart your temp or anything? 

Post # 8
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

How do you know you are late? Are your period always very regular? Did you recently go off the pill? After I went off the pill I was regular for two cycles and now I have been 50+ so the first time I thought I was late but my body just isn’t regulated yet.

If you knew you ovulated and still aren’t getting your period then I would definetly talk to your doctor.

Post # 11
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Well if it’s usually the same then it sounds like a good sign still!  The one thing that can delay your first half of your cycle is sickness or major stress…any of that?

Post # 13
1221 posts
Bumble bee

Hopefully you are PG πŸ™‚

a few months ago i was about 13 days late.. took a blood test and AF came a few days later… DR said most likely stress πŸ™ hopefully your outcome is different though πŸ™‚

The topic ‘6 days late w/ a NEG’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors