(Closed) 6 Days to go and I am a **GIANT STRESSBALL**

posted 9 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I honestly couldn’t get over the whole waking-up-running-through-lists-at-4-a.m. thing until after the wedding. It took a couple days of honeymooning for my body (and mind) to start to relax. Late-night hot showers just before bedtime usually helped me unwind, too, as did avoiding caffeine after 1 p.m. or so and using a sleeping mask to block out any rogue daylight. Just remember to breathe and try to do some fun, distracting things over the next few days. You’re almost there! : )

Post # 4
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

Oh Boston, I’m sorry your stressing and I feel your pain.  Try and delegate *everything* you can.  Fiance will be able to jump in and do some of the stuff, I’m sure.  I know it’s hard to let go of things, but sometimes it’s best for everyone involved, especially if all this stuff is making you crazy.

And don’t forget to take some deep breaths and recenter for a few minutes every couple of hours.

Hug!

Post # 5
3332 posts
Sugar bee

I’m so sorry you’re so stressed out, BostonBee. I know I was just like you leading up to my wedding, and I had trouble delegating certain things because I didn’t know how to explain it to people. 

I put together a master spreadsheet with all the wedding week tasks, when they were to be done and who was taking care of them.  I also included an hourly schedule (with tasks and locations) for Thursday-Saturday of the wedding weekend.  I distributed this schedule to all participants and vendors, so that everyone knew what their duties were.  This helped me relax a little, because I knew that other people knew what had to be done, so I didn’t have to be the sole source of information.  

Also, people kept telling me not to worry about the schedule on the day of the wedding and honestly, I did look at the clock a few times.  It’s just who I am–I couldn’t let it go completely.  We were actually ahead of schedule, mostly because I had communicated how important being on time was to me to my photographer and wedding party.  I will say that things on the list didn’t get done the way they were supposed to (i.e. my Mother-In-Law did not collect the gifts at the end of the night like she was asked to), but we figured it out and made it work.  It was a great day and at the end of it, I cared much less about how things got done than I thought I would.

I don’t know if any of that helps, but I just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone.  We all feel the time/schedule/planning crunch as the wedding week approaches.  Rely on your friends/family/vendors as much as you can, so that you don’t  have to be worried about what’s going to happen on the wedding day.  Just relax as much as you can and really enjoy your time.  It goes by much faster than you think it will! 

Post # 6
174 posts
Blushing bee

Do you have an iphone? I downloaded "binaural beats" a while back (it’s these overlapping tones at different frequencies combined with babbling brook, birds chirping, ocean waves, etc.) and I’ve been turning it on speaker when I wake up at some godforsaken hour of the morning. Also when I go to bed (you can set a timer for it to play for a number of minutes or hours). Very helpful. Or maybe download a relaxation album or similar.

I also like to run and go for a 45-60 minute run each morning to clear my head (no music, just me). 

As some of the other posters suggest, delegate! Your marriage is a partnership and so should your wedding planning. Let your Fiance help. Ask others to help. Even just giving over one task to someone else will take some stress off of you.

Do you have a DOC? Or do you have a friend or bridesmaid who can be you "go-to" person on the day if the caterer, photographer, dj, guest, or whomever have a question? You don’t want them coming to you. You want to have fun.

By the time your day arrives, the details are done and things will fall into place. Take some deep breaths.

Post # 7
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2007

(((HUGS)))

Divide and conquer! Doctorgirl said it right…let go of a few things, and let people help you…even your FH. I know you think that they can’t b/c they haven’t been as involved, but you’d be surprised what people can accomplish!

The last week is by far the worst…keep your sights on the prize…your FH!

Post # 8
180 posts
Blushing bee

I’m totally in the same boat as you are. I’m getting married the day before you so I know EXACTLY what you are feeling!! I will be getting TONs of stuff knocked out today and so far i’ve been really really good at delegating so hopefully that pays off. I hope you have an absolutely beautiful, wonderful, memorable and fabulous day on Sunday!

HUGS!! 

The topic ‘6 Days to go and I am a **GIANT STRESSBALL**’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors