(Closed) 6 days to go… please help

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
595 posts
Busy bee

Talk to your doctor, get on some meds. Panic attacks are not what you want 6 days before your wedding!! 

Post # 4
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Exercising always helps me to calm down and reduce my worry when I’m anxious, but I know this is just one small suggestion.

Post # 6
1046 posts
Bumble bee

It kind of sounds like one to me too. Fiance and I both get em and that’s how they make us feel.

Post # 8
1046 posts
Bumble bee

@Fire: Yep, that sounds exactly like PA’s.

Post # 9
241 posts
Helper bee

I’m no doctor but I know lots of people who get like this before there wedding. I think it’s just normal nerves. If you have so much to do then try making lists so you can cross things off to feel better as you accomplish things and worry less about forgetting things. Also, remember that if something doesn’t happen, only you will know.

Post # 11
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Some ideas – Yoga, guided meditation cd’s, massage. I would be worried about trying out pills this soon too.

Post # 12
2907 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m going to agree with the yoga and massage, and especially exercise.

Post # 13
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Exercise!! It will help. I too would be worried about pills, but I definitely think you should see a doctor post-wedding to calm your anxiety.

Post # 15
1025 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Yoga, chamomile tea, deep breathing, massage, a walk outdoors (try to get some outdoor time every day), making brownies, lavender anything – soap, candles, lotion, essential oils, etc, getting plenty of sleep (no late nights on wedding bee!), laugh – watch your favorite comedian on you tube.

Go through worst-case scenarios and ask yourself what are you really afraid of, and will it be that bad if it happens, and is it likely to even happen. (Like: Baker forgets the cake. Bad? Yes. Likely? No. Will you get a refund? Definitely. Can you then spend that money on new shoes post wedding? Of course. Will it be a funny story to tell people? Absolutely.)

Peppermint and ginger for the stomach. Candied ginger will help with the nausea, peppermint tea might too. Force yourself to eat crackers or toast. 

Farm out responsibilities. Cut somethings that just don’t need to be done. (We never got around to making a perfect must-play list, for instance). 

Try on your wedding dress and spin around like a pretty princess. 

Call a friend who got married recently and won’t be bored by wedding details and will understand what you are going through.

Hug your fiance.

Make a list of everything you love about him.

Plan for AFTER the wedding. It’ll help you remember life goes on. I mean, not honeymoon or buying a house or anything like that. But like “hey, on Tuesday, let’s go to that new burrito place.”

Look through your parent’s wedding album. Ask your grandparent’s stories about their weddings.

Stop reading wedding blogs. 

If you haven’t done yoga before, this is a really easy sequence and seriously helps me fall asleep. http://www.eternity-yoga.com/yoga-moon-salutation.html

The topic ‘6 days to go… please help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors