(Closed) 6 meals a day..

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
758 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

You want to eat lots of lean protein (chicken, fish, deli turkey not the lunchmeat kind, egg whites). The portion should be the size of your palm. You can eat lots of veggies too. Salad’s at lunch. Eat as much or double the veggies as you eat protein. Some fruit is ok but it has a lot of sugar in it. Try to cut out sugar, salt, flour and dairy if you can. Whole wheat is the best (and if you can, try exekiel bread. It’s made of 100% whole wheat sprouts).

My normal day looks like this:

1/2 cup of oatmeal with water and a few berries mixed in or cinnamon

or

2 pieces of ezekiel bread with 2 tbs natural pb

snack

2 egg whites

or

a piece of fruit

lunch

spinach salad with lean meat (blackened salmon is really good)

snack

raw carrots

or

low fat string cheese

dinner

Lean protein with 1/2 cup quinoa and veggies

Hope this helps!

Post # 5
1820 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I eat 6x/day, but not all of the “meals” are equal in size.  I get really lethargic if I eat a lot of carbs at lunch, so I generally save carbs for breakfast and dinner.  Here is what I generally eat:

Breakfast – yogurt + fruit + small amount of granola OR 1 piece of toast + hard boiled egg OR cottage cheese + tomatoes or fruit OR string cheese + V8 OR oatmeal with dried blueberries

Mid-morning snack – small container of almonds and raisins

Lunch – big salad with whatever I have (no carbs) with balsamic or asian viniagrette

Afternoon snack – string cheese OR edamame OR hummus and vegetables OR yogurt OR fruit OR pretzels

Dinner – whatever I want, but usually some type of chicken or grilled fish with vegetables and a starch.  Sometimes we will have soup and bread or pasta.  When I am trying to lose weight, I will stick to grilled meat with a big salad or a bean-based salad and no/few carbs.

Post # 6
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I try to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day as well. I try to eat mostly a mix of lean protein and vegetables with some fruit. I also try to limit my carb intake and make sure that the carbs I’m eating are whole grain. Eating fresh, whole foods and cutting out packaged, preserved foods has helped me the most with weight loss and I have lost about 32 pounds in 3 months. Here is an example of what I eat ๐Ÿ™‚

2 whole eggs/2 egg whites scrambled with 1oz fresh organic cheddar, 1/2 grapefruit, 2 slices of turkey bacon. (Try to make breakfast your biggest meal to get your metabolism going and keep from getting hungry.)

I usually have a protein shake for one meal after I work out.

Turkey burger lettuce wrap with small amount of baked sweet potato fries.

Celery and natural peanut butter with a handful of olives.

Lean chicken breast salad with organic bleu cheese dressing and various other things. 

Also, make sure you drink lots of water! Water will really help you clean out your system and lose weight. Drink a few cups of green tea as well. Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@hopefloats:

From the pics I’ve seen of you, you don’t need to lose anywhere near that amount! You’re gorgeous! You should join the Beegest Loser thread that’s going on here for support and advice ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

This is what ideally 6 meals should look like.
– M1 (breakfast): a protein + a complex carb + a good fat
– M2 (midday snack): a protein + complex carb
– M3 (lunch): a protein + a complex carb + a good fat
– M4 (afternoon snack): a protein + complex carb
– M5 (dinner): a protein + a complex carb + a good fat
– M6 (bedtime snack – if you need one): a protein + complex carb

-good fats (olive oil, sunflower oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, etc.) should be measured by one scant handful of nuts, 1/3 size of avocado and 1-2 tablespoon of oil

– complex carbs (fruits/vegetables, whole grains)

– protein- lean meats, eggs, fish, tofu, legumes, FF greek yogurt, LF cottage cheese, etc.

Post # 11
2701 posts
Sugar bee

What if you would like to try this and you’re having difficulty eating so often? Do you have to train yourself? I have been trying it for a little while and it is difficult. Even with the smaller portions, I am not hungry and the most I have been able to do is the four meals..

Post # 12
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I do 5 meals per day. 

1. Either 2 egg whites w/ salsa and a tiny bit of cheese or a bowl of Kashi cereal
  2. Cottage cheese and a piece of fruit
  3. This varies but usually a sandwich on 40 cal/slice, whole wheat bread with turkey, chicken or low-fat peanut butter
  4. Greek yogurt or oatmeal
  5. Some form of lean protein with 2 vegetable sides

Post # 13
1278 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I dont do six meals a day, but I do:

Breakfast: cereal and soy milk or wholemeal toast
Snack: fruit
Lunch: largest meal of the day – usually has carbs as I need the carbs for energy!
Snack: fruit or muesli bar
Dinner: smallest meal – usually carbs again, but always has a protein!

I try not to eat after dinner but if I do I try to keep it light – fruit or nuts. But I also will eat something sweet if I want it as I find if I dont put myself in that ‘diet’ frame of mind, I do a lot better.

I found that since I switched my largest meal fo the day to lunch I am fuller for longer, have energy for the gym and I lost some weight because I was burning it off at the gym.

Post # 14
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

This is what my personal trainer, who is also a nutrinaist gave us for weight loss:

Meal 1- Protein + carb + 500ml water

Meal 2 and 3 Protein + carb + veggie + 500ml water

Meal 4,5,6 Protein + carb + veggie + 500 ml water

Proteins are lean meats (chicken, white fish, turkey), 1% cottage cheese (3/4 cups), egg whites (1 cup) and whey protein isolate * she says to stay well away from anything soy white trying to lose as it affects your fat storage*

Veggies are 1 cup cooked or 1 1/2 raw, basically greens, peppers, tomotoes, zucchini, cucumbers, spinach

Carbs are Oranges, apples, berries, pupmkin, corn, beans, oatmeal, fat free greek yogurt, any 100% whole grains with nothing added (like whole whet pastas) brown rice.  Measured as 1/2 cup cooked, or 1 peice of apple/orange

You avoid anything with artificial sweetners (natural stevia is the best), sugars, salt, fat.  You can have 1/2 cup salsa, 2 tblsps of olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and lemon/lime juice, white vinegar, 1/2 cup skim milk daily.

It works really well, but you have to be willing to plan ahead, and pre cook a lot, which I have issues with.  But one of her clients went 100% committed to it and lost 156 lbs in a year, working out 4 days a week.

The topic ‘6 meals a day..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors