(Closed) 6 MOH..?? And removing a BM from the wedding… AHHHH

posted 10 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
2640 posts
Sugar bee

<font face=”Times New Roman” size=”3″>So are you saying there are 6 Bms without the one friend who is probably out?  I think if you have 5, without her, you should just have 5 BMs.  Then your FH can have his best man and pair the other 5 groomsmen with the bridesmaids.  So with the honor title of best man, he can stand apart and not be paired with anyone. </font>

<font face=”Times New Roman” size=”3″>If the situation is that you’ll have 6 without your "ex-BM" then I would say either try to pick one of them as Maid/Matron of Honor, or just leave them all BMs.  I think to declare them all Maid/Matron of Honor would be a little over the top.  You said on the one hand you couldn’t pick any of them, but on the other hand you wanted to make them all MOHs.  If no one stands out as a Maid/Matron of Honor contender, I say simply keep them as bridesmaids.  Then split Maid/Matron of Honor duties among them.  One walks down the aisle last.  One "witnesses" the marriage.  One dances with the best man.  One is announced just before you at the reception etc.</font>

Post # 4
5398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

For the first problem, you need to call her FOR SURE to talk about it!  Maybe even see if she would be willing to meet at your house or for coffee, ice cream, etc. to talk about things.

Can you just have all bridemaids and groomsmen for the program, but for the day if your Fiance wants he can ask one of them men to be his best man…I don’t think that info necessarily needs to go on the program, especially since you are having Maid/Matron of Honor issues.

Post # 5
5398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

BUMP

I know there are others out there with great advice, so hopefully they’ll be able to see your question.

Post # 7
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

It looks like you still have a little time before your wedding, Sept. 09 right?

My suggestion: Let it cool down.  My sister kicked her best friend out of the wedding, then a month later put her back in.  Things got crazy and too overheated.  They realized they didn’t mean the things they had said/done, and friendship was more important then whatever the matter was.

If you still feel you don’t want her in your wedding, and vice versa, in a few weeks-month then try confronting her again if you hadn’t talked to her yet.  Make SURE she knows whether she is or isn’t in the wedding. 

As far as BM’s go.. If you don’t feel you have a Maid/Matron of Honor that stands out then don’t label any.  Ask your Fiance whether or not it matters to label his brother the Bridesmaid or Best Man.  Come to a conclusion that way.   I don’t think it will be bad if he still is labeled as a Bridesmaid or Best Man and you don’t have a Maid/Matron of Honor.  Every couple and every wedding is different, there are not strict guidelines to follow!  Then he can walk by himself, and your 5 Bridesmaid or Best Man and 5 Groomsmen can walk together.

Hope this helps!  Let us know what you decide!

Post # 8
225 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

IMO – if you really want to label one Maid/Matron of Honor, make it family.. blood is thicker than water – and it makes for an easier decision.

Post # 9
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

I would not make any of them Maid/Matron of Honor, particularly if not one of them stood out to you as the Maid/Matron of Honor.  It is not necessary to have a Maid/Matron of Honor.

As for the friend that you’re having problem with, I would deal with her now rather than later.  Don’t assume that both are out of each other’s bridal party.  Also, I think if you make an effort to talk now, you may be able to salvage the relationship (assuming you want to salvage it).  Good luck.

Post # 10
7052 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Take the politics out of it.  The closest female relative to you gets MOH!

That way you definitely have an excuse, your relative feels closer and your family is overjoyed!

The topic ‘6 MOH..?? And removing a BM from the wedding… AHHHH’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors