(Closed) 6 month anniversary?

posted 8 years ago in Married Life
  • poll: did/will you celebrate the 6 month mark?
    Yes, of course! : (29 votes)
    32 %
    Probably not, that is kinda silly :) : (52 votes)
    57 %
    Have not thought about it yet.... : (11 votes)
    12 %
  • Post # 3
    806 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Personally -I might make a mental note of it, or say let’s go out to dinner – but I wouldn’t make a production of it and certainly wouldn’t expect a gift or anything.

If your Darling Husband says “no such thing” then I wouldn’t put too much weight on it, doesn’t sound like he’s planning to.

Post # 4
    576 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We kinda celebrated our 1 month anniversary.  We just had a date night, no gifts.

Post # 5
    6892 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012

Date night or whatever, and you can certainly acknowledge “hey we’ve been married six months, how cool” but not gifts, fancy dinner, the whole anniversary thing.

I mean, technically he’s right. Anniversary = annual = years. πŸ™‚ But my Fiance and I like to acknowledge “oh hey it’s the 15th.” And don’t call it an anniversary, since, ya know, it’s not. πŸ™‚

Post # 6
    1145 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2000

We don’t do monthaversaries but we  definitely did a big huge shabang for our 6 month! We went to Europe and conceived our baby.  I highly doubt we will continue to do that every 6monthaversary, but it was a great way to celebrate for our first. πŸ™‚ Any excuse to indulge. But then, this is coming from a girl who likes to have a Birthday Month of celebrating.

Post # 8
    6572 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2010

I’m bad with dates, so I didn’t even know when our 6 months came up. I think my husband said something about it, but it was just kind of “this is exciting that we’ve been married for 6 months” and that’s it.

Post # 9
    3314 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

lol We did…. but we have a bit of a different situation in that we were legally married 6 months before our family/religious wedding, so technically we celebrated our legal wedding date with an official wedding!  πŸ˜›  Since our wedding dates are 6 months apart, we’ll probably do a little something-something each year on each date since both dates are special for their own reasons!

Post # 10
    948 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

Had we remembered, we probably would have had a small celebration- a nicer dinner and opened a bottle of wine or something.  But we both forgot, we did however get on the subject by the end of the weekend. 

Post # 11
    1145 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2000

@bestbuddies:  Yah for birthmonth!  Oh and you pretty much have to be an initiator, planner to get the 6monthaversary going. Sometimes guys stress out about a ‘pressure day’, but they usually like to celebrate if they are not in charge of making it happen.

Post # 12
    Hostess
    18637 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

We don’t do anything for our ‘half-anniversary’ because there is too much going on in December anyway!

Post # 13
    1016 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

We didn’t do anything – in fact I just had to count on my fingers to see if we’ve been married 6 months yet! HA…silly goose…

I definitely think a nice meal or a little date could be nice but I wouldn’t do any more than that (clearly!  hope I remember our actual anniversary!)  Laughing

Post # 14
    Hostess
    16195 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

We might do something small. We’ll be so excited about being married that six months will be a little special. πŸ™‚

Post # 15
    463 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

we just did dinner out.  more like a date night but it was still nice to acknowledge it in some way.

Post # 16
    196 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I’m a dork in that I remember on the 17th of every month that it’s our month-versary!  After 2 years, though – I’m going to quit counting.  It’s easy now that we’re only at 13 months.

We did celebrate our 6 month anniversary.  He planned a couples massage and a nice dinner out – he did such a great job and we had a fantastic day.  We won’t keep doing that, of course, but it was nice and I think you need to be proud that you happily made it to 6 months…not everyone can say that. 

The topic ‘6 month anniversary?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors