Post # 1
May bees, we’re at the six month mark! Time is flying! What have you checked off your list so far?
We have our ceremony and reception spaces, a florist, a dress, bridesmaid/flower girl dresses picked out, a dj, a photographer, save the dates sent, and yesterday we bought our rings!
I have to get on finding a hairstylist, blocking hotel rooms, finding a rehearsal dinner space and contacting our baker. Then it’ll be time for his wardrobe, food tastings, and invitations. So excited!
Post # 2
- Wedding: May 2015 - Antique Rose Emporium
Yippeeee! Happy six month mark, fellow May bees!! I just told my FI how crazy that is..and for us, these last six months are going to FLY. We have thanksgiving, then Christmas, then a big family event in January, my birthday in February, by then we’ll only have three months to go 🙂
So. Status update. We have our venue paid completely, photographer paid completely, our fave restaurant’s private patio reserved for reception and catering service paid off. Very recently booked our officiant who we love and we finished our ceremony script!! The appliqué for my bridal sash is in the mail right now on its way to me.
Currently working on looking for makeup/hair stylists, and thinking about our honeymoon. We looked at rings but didn’t pick them for sure yet.
Post # 3
Eeep! I like counting down in months, seeing the days gives me mild panic.
In any case we knocked a lot of the big stuff out the first few months we were engaged. The only big things we need to do is confirm and actually book the caterer, figure out what FH is wearing as well as his groomsmen and our dads. Then I need to figure out hair and makeup artist stuff.
Other things on my list ceremony, officiant details, rings, honeymoon excursions and dessert, we’re thinking mini cupcakes!
Oh and continute on my quest to make 500+ fabric flowers!!
Post # 4
Good idea! I think on an earlier on of these I felt really behind, but I think the big stuff is mostly done now.
Done: registrar booked, venue booked (and they deal with all the food drink, table numbers, placecards etc), photographer booked, DJ and photobooth package booked, got a dress, not getting new shoes & jewellery so already have that, sent save the dates, got a macaroon place booked, epic honeymoon pretty much booked
To do: choose a florist (bane of my life), get the groom, his best man and my bridesmaid to get their clothes, practise doing my hair and make up a bit, choose our online invites, buy some thank you cards, buy the bags and candy for the favours, choose the ceremony wording, readings etc, get some rings, work out what the accomodation options are and notify people.
Post # 5
I feel like it’s been forever since I have been on these boards!!!! I can’t believe our day is 6 months away!!
This is what is done so far:
– Theme: 1940/50’s Hollywood Glam with hints of Transformers
– Colors: Lavender, Gray, & Ivory
– Website created
– Reception venue booked & menu selected
– Ceremony venue booked – just need to meet with priest
– Photographer booked
– DJ booked
– Makeup Artist & Hairstylist booked
– Transporation is being booked this week
– DOC is booked
– Impersonator/Singer booked
– Centerpieces selected
– Linens & Chair covers selected
– First song chosen (Frank Sinatra’s Our Love is here to stay)
– Cake flavors & design chosen
– Cake topper & stand purchased
– Selected our Wedding party members
– Purchased my dress & headpiece/veil
– Purchased shoes but waiting on vendor to bling them out
– Chose MOH/BM dress just waiting on my one MOH to put deposit down
– Honeymoon is booked
– Hotel block setup
– Registry is setup
– Sent our STD’s
– Favors ordered
Still working on the Invitiations & Bouquet. Hoping to finish up the Invitations this month so I can order them and start putting them together.
Post # 6
I cannot believe we only have 6 months! Time flies! I have done the following:
– Booked Ceremony Space (including officiant)
– Booked Reception Space
– Picked caterer but haven’t signed the contract yet
– Sent Save the Dates
– Invitations are designed, but not printed yet
– Hotel block reserved
– Website Done
– Hired a makeup artist, but I think I want to fire her….
So that brings me to a question: How would you guys go about firing a vendor? I signed a contract with her but she didn’t have me pay the full deposit because she knew I wasn’t happy. Now I’ve decided I can’t get over it and I don’t want to take a chance on my wedding day that she can’t pull of the changes we talked about.
Post # 7
Also, I am very impressed when looking at your lists! I have a lot to do… flowers, cake, DJ, photobooth, lighting, hair, pick clothes for the bridal party, rehearsal dinner. UGH!
Post # 8
LadyH: When you fire a vendor – be careful to read over the details of contracts/email/website etc. I was going to fire my makeup artist but would lose my deposit. I decided to schedule a trial sooner rather then later. I was told by an attorney (my sister does her hair) that if I go with the trial and hate everything they do and they can’t make me happy then they need to give me my money back minus the cost of the trial.
Schedule a trial and see how it goes. Before firing them make sure you find a replacement and then tell the original that you are going with a different artist since they couldn’t replicate the look you wanted.
Post # 9
We’re 5/30/15 in Memphis and so far we’ve
-Booked photographer & videographer
-Taken engagement pics
-Started on wedding website
-Bought flowergirls outfits
Sadly I haven’t found my dress or officiant yet and that kind of worries me. But I’m staying cool
Post # 10
CeeceeBee: Woo ok we’re 5/30/15 in Toronto and so far we have:<br /><br />
- booked ceremony location
- booked reception venue
- booked photographer
- booked the DJ
- Bought wedding dress/MOH dress/JR Bridesmaid Dress/Flower Girl Dress
- Found florist/decorator
- Have baker for the cake (a family member)
- Taken engagement photos
- Ordered/recieved invitations
- Booked hair/makeup for the entire bridal party, plus trials
- Booked rehearsal with church
- Booked rehearsal dinner
- Limo booked
- Centerpieces/decor figured out
- Favors decided on/ordered/most component parts recieved
- Readings for ceremony selected
- …I think that’s it??? hahah
Post # 12
- Wedding: May 2015 - St Peter's Church, East Maitland, and Bella Vista, Newcastle
5/30/15 here…I have
– church and officiant booked
– reception venue (including food/drink) booked
– photographer booked
– MUA/hairstylist booked
– dress is in my closet, needs alterations tho
– STDs mostly out
– hotel block done (thanks to my mum who organized it all)
– shoes/veil/jewellery sorted out
– BM dresses picked but not ordered yet
– centrepieces and bouquets figured out (I’m DIYing)
– cake baker booked (one of my roller derby sisters is a baker!)
– Flowergirl dress bought – I wasn’t actually looking for it but I saw it, it was $17 and irresistibly cute so I got it on the spot.
Next on the list is wedding rings, invitations (another derby sister is a graphic designer) and clothes for the boys…oh and wedding night accommodation. We’re just going with the iPod so I don’t have to worry about a DJ.
Post # 13
I’m 5/29/15 and so far we have:
-Venue Booked and menu and linens picked out
-All decorations bought, just need to put everything together
-Photographer booked and E-pics done
-STD’s were sent out in July
-Church booked and beginning our premartial counseling and all that
-My dress bought
-Bridesmaids and Flower Girl dresses bought
-My earrings and shoes bought
-Hotel blocks will be finished this week
-Both of our rings bought
Currently in the proccess of picking my hair salon, videographer, and Limo.
Still need to buy invitations, pick out tuxes, pick out the rest of my jewelry, do our cake tasting and figure out a cake design, order our sweets for the sweets table, and plenty moree!
Post # 14
CeeceeBee: I have lots to do still but this is whats done
- Hair and Makeup artist booked
- Bridesmaid Dresses
- Working on Save the Dates Now
- Wedding website and part of a registry done
- Veil and Shoes bought
- Flower girl Dress
- Ring bearer pillow
- photobooth done which will double as favors
Post # 15
Bridesmaids dresses are almost ordered – just waiting for one last bridesmaid to place her order.
Right now I’m looking into hair/makeup stuff. The company I was really interested in going with requires a minimum of at least 3 other people getting their hair and makeup done. I was considering paying for makeup for the bridesmaids, but definitely can’t swing it in our budget to do both (at $170 per person!) I also think I’d feel weird telling them about the services but letting them know they’d have to pay for themselves…Thoughts?
FI is working on narrowing down transportation options for us and our guests.