(Closed) 6 month check in!

posted 7 years ago in July 2012
Post # 3
1894 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I got really excited at New Years when I could say “Our wedding is this year!”, but now I feel like it’s still so far away. I’m in the lull/I-don’t-really-feel-like-planning stage. I’m delusionally thinking that everything will fall into place in the next couple of months without me having to do anything! I can’t wait for the actual wedding, but I’m kind of over planning it…Any advice how to get excited again even though July feels so far away?

Post # 4
288 posts
Helper bee

Holy crap, only a little over 5 months for me. I broke out in hives the other day because of stress! True story. I feel like there is so much to do and not enough time. I’ve been engaged for over a year and the time just flew by. I kept telling myself “eh, there is plenty of time to do that” was I wrong. This business of planning a wedding is intense. I blame myself because I kept putting things of like…. Buying a dress! That’s right, I barely ordered my dress 3 weeks ago. I had gone dress shopping months ago, but only visited 2 boutiques AND I went alone! Shame on me. I only got my dress because my mom came over, picked me up and said ” today you are buying a dress” she even picked it out! I think I just got so overwhelmed with the millions of little details that I just didn’t feel like doing anything. 

Since buying the dress I have booked a florist, baker, ordered Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, got started on my fabric flowers, ordered tons of wedding crap online, finalized my menu with caterers, finalized invitations, booked a Photographer and started playing with my hairstyle. Woooo! I’ve been on a roll, yay me. I think that buying my dress made the whole thing real for me and got me excited and motivated to do all the things that need to be done. I’ve had my wedding theme planned since the very beginning, so I already knew what I wanted. We’re having a carnival themed wedding. Games, photo cutouts, concessions  and tons of fun decor. Now its all finally comIng together. I think because we had a long engagement and it felt like a million years for 2012 to come you get a little tired of the whole planning thing.  I remember when I first registered on the knot.com it would give you a count down in days to your wedding it said 550 days! Now it says 160 Something, whoa! Reality check, those 400 days went by like nothing. Have fun planning ladies! Good luck, trust me, you don’t have as much time as you think you do. I’m doing a ton of DIY so I need all this time to craft away. 

Post # 6
171 posts
Blushing bee

you all are so ahead of me! We haven’t even booked our caterer yet! We are 7/7/12… but eh- it’ll all work out! We are doing our registry on 2/5 @ Crate and Barrel in Burlington, MA. Anyone else? ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
288 posts
Helper bee

@mrs_g.mck:   Whoa!!! Baby Planning and the nursery?! I don’t even want to think about that stuff, yet have it all planned before we’re even married. LOL you are one determined girl!

Post # 8
2273 posts
Buzzing bee

I am feeling quite relaxed and ready for July to come – everything is booked we just have to pay for everything as finalise numbers etc with the venue (not til a week before)…

My main stress is people assuming they are invited or they get automatic plus 1s – ummmm no it is an intimate 50 people wedding which means if you are close family or friend yes YOU are invited but NO your casual fling etc is not cos I don’t know them… Haha yes I have been doing and redoing guest lists this weekend can you tell?? ๐Ÿ™‚

Next DIY is invites and then I – Spy cards for the tables ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
60 posts
Worker bee

@ruby26:  I’m starting to feel the same way as you! I did a lot of planning before the new year- church, reception hall, decorator, dj and I just got all the bridesmaides dresses order. I don’t think I have much left. Need to find a cake soon. I’m just ready for the big day to get here! I’m trying to decide on hair styles.  July is hot and humid here. I’m thinking hair up? What are your ladies ideas that you have been considering for your hair?

Post # 11
2247 posts
Buzzing bee

Right now, I’m in full-blown stress/frustration/panic mode. 

STILL everybody thinks it is too soon to be planning my wedding.  I can’t talk to anyone without them freaking ignoring me or telling me “You’ve got time.”  NO I DON’T!  The wedding is five months away and I am the ONLY person doing anything for this wedding.  I have ZERO help from anyone.  So, I am super stressed and frustrated.  I’m mainly panicked because I do not know where all of this money is going to come from.  It seems like the wedding gets more and more expensive everyday.  Things I forgot to factor into the budget are creeping up on me.

We ordered BMs dresses two weeks ago, and everyone got theirs (we ordered from DB.com).  Nobody needs alterations, so we’re good on that.

We still need all groomsmen, ring bearer, and flower girl attire.  All I have a is a dress.  No shoes.  No veil.  No undergarments. 

I have bought no flowers (I’m doing silks).  I’ve been browsing for flowers, but my wedding color is guava, and I can’t find a flower to match that color.

Right now, I feel like I’m suffocating with all of this stress.  I hope it gets better, but I have a feeling it’s only just begun ๐Ÿ™

The topic ‘6 month check in!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors