(Closed) 6 month countdown – time to get fit!! Anyone with me?

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi month twin, Yes! I am also on my 6 month countdown, I will join you!  It’s all about health and fitness from this day forward.  What are your goals and ways of achieving them?

I’m setting a goal of 10-12 pounds.  I’m happy you already lost your intial 18 pounds, I know that was a big accomplishment! I’ve been on and off my track since last Summer.  I’ve lost/gain 5-7 pounds here and there.  Now, I need to stick to my goal

I pland to make a new workout schedule and follow new healthy diet habits. 

Post # 5
140 posts
Blushing bee

Same here, I totally always make up an excuse for not going to the gym.  I’m too tired, I didn’t get home on time…etc  I’m really bad but I have to motivate myself to exercise as well.  Both diet and exercise play significant roles in losing weight.  It’s too difficult to soley depend on only one and not the other.  The balance of two will show the most results. 

I agree with the low carb too, unfortunately for me that’s my weakness…oh boy do I love my bread, pizza, bagels, muffins and cakes…omg, all carbs.  But I have to eat more meat and veggies. 

Post # 6
461 posts
Helper bee

I am on board with you ladies! 

I eat really well, and I do lots of yoga, but I really need to take my ass to the treadmill and up my cardio. That’s the only thing that will widdle my pudge. 

PLease hold me accountable! 

Post # 7
240 posts
Helper bee

I’m in! I don’t need to lose any weight, but I want my arms to get toned up for the wedding… For me, the struggle is the diet for sure. After I finish the tube of cookie dough I cracked open last night, better eating habits for sure. πŸ™‚

In all seriousness, need to make myself eat more fruits and veggies and less simple carbs. My new BFFs are Larabars – if you haven’t tried them, you must! They’re amazing!

Post # 8
240 posts
Helper bee

Also, I am planning on giving up diet pop at the three month mark and beer at the one month mark… (I may have a few beers once a month, if that, so I’ll skip them the last month. πŸ™‚ ). 

Post # 9
461 posts
Helper bee

@cheapchicbride – I keep larabar bites in my purse for after yoga class when I’m on the run to the next thing and so I don’t cave to fast or convenience food. 

Post # 10
140 posts
Blushing bee

I just got my fitness routine on again ladies!!! I’m so excited.  I have been bringing my gym clothes to work with me every morning.  I change before i head on the bus back home.  Once I arrive back to my bus stop, i pick up my car and head straight to the gym.  That’s the best method for me.  If I go home, I will just want to stay and not heard back out house.  I’m going to do a really long workout on Saturday mornings..2 plus hours.  Weekdays, it’s only 1 hour.  I’ve been watching my diet as well.  I will weigh myself every Sunday to see my results and record them.  Good luck ladies πŸ™‚

Post # 11
518 posts
Busy bee

I’m in! I’ve lost weight before (from 165 to 125 when I was a senior in high school) but it seems so much harder this time now that I’m not actually overweight! I’m at 135ish and would like to get down to 125, preferrably in time for my bachelorette party in Vegas at the end of May, so that I can just try to maintain over the summer and not have to be stressed about still dropping weight.

My plan is to eat about 1400-1600 calories a day of generally healthy/unprocessed foods and to do six days of intense working out a week (cardio and strength training). I’ve gotten lazy about working out in the last few months but before that I was very active so this is doable for me. I’m also planning on having one cheat meal a week where I can go out to eat, but may give this up if I’m not seeing results. I also am planning to avoid alcohol as much as possible but may let myself have a lite beer or glass of wine every once in a while as long as I can spare the calories.

Post # 12
27 posts
Newbee

I also would like to lose weight before my Aug 7th wedding, although I would like to lose it before my first dress fitting sometime in june. I am tracking my calories using the Livestrong.com tracker and trying to workout five days a week (cardio although thinking of adding strength).

Good luck to everyone here!

Post # 13
140 posts
Blushing bee

This great! I’m confident all of us will be able to attain our goals!

Post # 14
140 posts
Blushing bee

@blg529: I am also aiming at a 10 pound lost! I agree with you on the part of it not being as easy due to us not really being exactly overweight.  The last 10-15 pounds is always the most difficult.  But with dedication and motivation, we can get through these months and achieve the results we want to have.  I’m looking at hopefully attaining at least close to my goal by the end of May for my first dress fitting.  I’m aiming to lose 5 pounds by April.  That would be my first benchmark, finally the last 5 pounds by July.  Oh boy, it’s going to take a lot of hard work, no more fries and burritos…lol

Post # 15
140 posts
Blushing bee

oh and being that i’m on the shorter side (5ft.3) every pound makes a difference especially with my middle section and back.  I want to have a toned back and shoulders for my dress and of course a toned tummy for my bathing suit πŸ™‚

Post # 16
95 posts
Worker bee

I’m in! i’ve been doing the low carb thing for a the past couple of months and have  lost a few pounds. although i do  allow myself at the weekends to eat them.Laughing Just joined the gym and have been to a couple of classes. omg i am so out of shape, i am in agony! but thats a good thing (i think?!)

yay for August brides!

The topic ‘6 month countdown – time to get fit!! Anyone with me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors