(Closed) 6 month countdown – time to get fit!! Anyone with me?

posted 9 years ago in August 2011
Post # 17
568 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m in.  I have more than a few pounds to lose before the big day.  I am working out like a maniac and really watching what I eat.  Because I work out a lot, my major problem has been not eating enough… go figure. 

Post # 18
406 posts
Helper bee

I’ve been working out since we got engaged in oct and have lost 2 pants sizes (went from a 16 to a 12)- i’m not sure of lbs, ive never been big on weighing myself and dont have a starting point to go from. If i had to guess id say its about 10-12  pounds.  I’ve been working out at the gym 2-3 days a week, taking a fitness class 1 day a week, and playing volleyball twice a week. Ive been watching what i eat during the week but still enjoying dinners out on the weekends with Fiance. Plan to get a litlte more rigid on the dieting as it gets closer…

Post # 19
264 posts
Helper bee

Let’s do this!

Post # 20
713 posts
Busy bee

Went to the gym twice this weekend! Whoo hoo! Getting there on weekdays is always more of a problem though. I’m so tired after work and it’s been so cold outside that I never want to leave the house once I’m home. But it’s getting nicer out so hopefully I’ll feel like exercising more!

Post # 21
140 posts
Blushing bee

@July: Wow, that’s wonderful! You are definitely on the right track, keep up the great work! I’m going to the gym tonight ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 22
140 posts
Blushing bee

@PrairieGirl: That’s great! I went on Saturday and did an extenstive workout.  It’s easier for me to spend more time in the gym on the weekend because I’m not as tired.  But I find it easier for me to make it to the gym if I bring my gym clothes to work and change.  That way I can go directly after work without stopping home.  If I stop home, I must admit that I will never want to go back out either..lol  I agree with you when the weather is nicer and the days are longer it makes heading to the gym a lot easier.

Post # 23
2161 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m a July bride, but am getting in fit!  As funny as it sounds, I am exercising with my Wii.  I got the EA Sports Active 2 program and it’s kicking my butt!   I was never one for exercise, but I find myself looking forward to doing it everyday.   I have a toddler at home, and couldn’t get to a gym, so this is perfect for me!

Post # 24
140 posts
Blushing bee

@MapleBecky:  Wow, I want to purchase a wii just for that.  It seems like so much fun.  I want to try the Zumba workout on it.

Post # 25
762 posts
Busy bee

I’m definatly in! Planning on loosing 20-30lbs…it sounds like a lot but I’m not going to do anything drastic to accomplish this goal, just good exercising and healthy eating ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 26
298 posts
Helper bee

Thank you for inspiring me as I was munching on my cookie!

Fiance and I are planning to run a half marathon in June, but before training starts I need to finish and submit my master’s thesis… due in 11 days!  Eeeek!

Post # 27
762 posts
Busy bee

@Looopy: Good for you!!! I’ve always wanted to run a marathon!! And don’t worry about the Cookie…I’m drinking a can of Soda right now oops ๐Ÿ˜›

I’ve managed to take Fiance into this whole running thing that I want to get started snce he’s the only one who’s interested in it. The problem is I have mild asthma so I’m going to be sooo slow at first but no worries we’ll get ‘r done! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 28
1335 posts
Bumble bee

I’m in!  (as I type with a half-eaten bag of twizzlers next to me on the desk while I study/procrastinate)

I’ve been meaning to start seriously exercising for the longest, but I’m just never able to stick to a routine. But seeing this post of fellow August brides has motivated me ๐Ÿ™‚ Plus, I’m going to be a bm at the end of May and need to lose an inch from my waist to be able to properly fit in my dress. And I would prefer to do it the good old-fashioned way with exercise, than through starving myself for a week, sucking it in, or spanx!

Post # 29
1275 posts
Bumble bee

Ladies, I need to join your crew. I dug out the old scale and it wasn’t pretty. I’m ready to get motivated and I could use a kick in the pants by some more motivated brides. 

Post # 30
13 posts
Newbee

Hey all. I am new here. August 2011 bride as well. It sounds like everyone is doing fantastic on their 6 month fitness plan. I hired a personal trainer to work with about three months ago and have since lost 20 lbs. I still want to loose 40 more. During the holidays it was SOOO hard to stick with the healthy eating, but since the beginning of this month I have taken the healthy eating wayyyy more seriously. I’ve been cooking more and eating out a lot less which has helped me to save on calories AND money. Hopefully we all reach our goals. We can do it! Good luck everyone!

Post # 31
627 posts
Busy bee

i am in! i just ate a whole mini pizza (trader joes goat cheese!!!) with 280 calories per serving x 2 = 560 calories. yikes.

i just had my dress consultation earlier tonight, so she is going to make the dress a half size smaller. she says she can always take it in more as the day gets closer. so i am hoping to lose 5-10 lbs by 8/5! lets do this.

i have been so busy with work and appointments that i am missing my weight lifting class this week! i will just try and eat healthier to make up for it. i need to crack down and make sure i get to my weight lifting class at least once a week! (twice is better!!)

The topic ‘6 month countdown – time to get fit!! Anyone with me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors