(Closed) 6+ Month TTC Thread- Part 28

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 227
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  awww i know right!! Makes me feel not so alone having alot of you girls experiencing the same things. And the weird thing is if i bumped into you on the street…i would have no idea who you were. 

I keep telling myself “you are doing everything possible to make this happen. Its out of your hands in the end since you cant really control your uterus”

Post # 228
498 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  That’s very sweet! You’re in good company here. There are a handful of us who in the past week have been exactly where you are. Good for you for not letting it get you down!

We are all so lucky to have amazing guys by our side. And I feel like I can say that with confidence because this TTC shit is not for the faint of heart. It takes grit and determination and teamwork and a whole lot of love to keep going (and keep a healthy marriage going) when you’ve been trying for so long. So YAY FOR ALL OF US.

I’m feeling a lot better now than I was late last week and early this week. Like I said, it’s just not fair that the disappointment comes with raging hormones. At this point in my cycle, I think to myself, “This is okay. We’re fine. It’ll happen.” It’s a matter of remembering that when AF shows up . . . 

My husband gave his sample this morning. Can the ladies whose husbands have had this done let me know how long it took for results to come back?

Post # 229
7972 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
redux:  through the RE’s office we got results the next day.

Post # 230
498 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
ajillity81:  Damn! I assume there will be at least a day or two delay for us because it wasn’t done at my clinic’s office . . . but I’m hoping by the end of the week so we don’t have to wonder over the weekend.

Post # 231
939 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I have this issue where I read and then reply in my head, but don’t actually do it in reality… Time to catch up!

Swizzle: Stupid AF ๐Ÿ™ I really thought she’d stay away from you this time. I’d be interested to know your overall review of the progesterone cream though… Are you gonna use it again next cycle? What tests are you lining up?

Nic01: Try not to get so frustrated (Ha! Way easier said than done, I know) – that won’t be helping your lack of O. They say Royal Jelly/bee pollen is like ‘nature’s Clomid’, so that might be one option, although I think it probably takes around 3 months to kick in. Have you thought about trying an alternative therapy like acupuncture? There’s a lot of people who swear it helped regulate their cycles/ovulation… I am in the UK and I get my OPKs from Amazon, just any old cheapies. They seem to work for me!

MissCountryGirl727:  Sorry about AF. But I am very glad to see you’re in a good place with it. I don’t mean to be all preachy but I really am quite converted (for now, at least) since going to that IF info event. Everything is likely to be fine, as you say; it’s likely to happen within the year and likelier still within two *ohhhmmmmmm*. I wonder if it’s a case of accepting that we could be in it for the long haul, and then BAM! it’ll just happen ๐Ÿ˜€

ajillity81:  Sorry to hear the progesterone’s being a bitch. Hopefully it’ll all be worth it in less than a week! Do you have a test date in mind yet? I definitely don’t blame you for not wanting to wait until the blood test.

View original reply
redux:  Amen, sister! Also, we got DH’s SA results same day. I’m sure you won’t have to wait long ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 232
3148 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
whybee:  Me too ๐Ÿ™ Overall review was really good. Didnt have the usually mood swings around 7DPO nor any spotting. I’d like to use it again but want to double check with the doctor.

Not sure what tests we will line up. I have to go see the doctor and then he will refer me to the specialitist. I’d like an SA and hormone check done in November (hopefully). But who knows until i see them.  Pretty sure my low progesterone symptoms are caused by some other underlying factor. 

Post # 233
1477 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  Sorry about AF. ๐Ÿ™ That’s a great attitude to have. I’m definitely going to keep that in mind. I’ve already accepted the fact I’m out for this month, so I’m ready to move forward. Just have to wait for AF to arrive before that happens. But I’m starting to have the cramps and backache so I know she’ll be visiting me soon.

View original reply
redux: DH’s SA results took a full week to get.

Post # 234
7972 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
whybee:  so weird.  i stopped getting email alerts and for your message, i didn’t even get a WB notification.  but i’ll be testing on 10/6 when i’m 12dpiui and using cheapies.  i have 1 FRER left that i will not use until i am sure it will be +.  hope it doesn’t expire before i see a +.  i think i bought that box 8 months ago.

Post # 235
17 posts
Newbee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727: Swizzle: Sorry about the witch. Sounds like you girls are doing your best and trying different things and as twisted as it sounds that always made me feel better.

redux: I completely get the intervention question, my mom passed away of breast cancer at 53 (the second round after a 10 year gap) so I stressed a lot about it too. I also know about the pressure of feeling like it’s all you, but the glass half full side of that is that you can shift your focus.

View original reply
GrannyPantiesRock:  Congrats lady!! Did you do anything differently this month?

AFM – (even though I didn’t do a roll call this thread) I’m feeling a little apprehensive about crossing over to the “other” threads. The reason why my post count is so low is cause I somehow found this board and joined WB for the first time hehe. Right now I think I’m still stuck in my ttc rejected/bitter barren woman state of mind and sort of want to stay there in the event anything bad happens.. I think going through this process has been a bit traumatising guys! Not that I am begging for assurance or anything I’m just saying that what you are going through right now is not a struggle that should be downplayed, what we/you are going through/went through is harder to shake off than I thought.

Post # 237
3148 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  i think i already decided i dont want to leave the thread. Not unless everyone else has either a bfp or comes with me. 

View original reply
mojococo:  i actually agree. I dont think it should be down played. I’m actually at the point where if ppl ask me when i will have kids i want to say “we have been trying for awhile. hopefully soon”. i dont want to feel ashamed about it. i shouldn’t be!!

And i am printing a million cuise broshures because as of right now, i probably wont have a baby by July (unless this is my lucky month). And i have come to the decision i probably WONT be pregnant by the end of the year. SO we are going on an awesome cruise and i am hoping desperately i will be pregnant by the time it rolls around. 

Post # 238
3148 posts
Sugar bee

scratch that. i WILL be pregnant by the time the trip comes. Why? Because fuck you uterus, that’s why. 

Post # 239
498 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  
View original reply
Swizzle:  Agreed. I’m not going alone. Nope nope nope. By the time I hit the one-year mark, we’ll have only just finished our first three cycles of Clomid. That seems so far away from frozen embryos and daily scans and injectibles. I don’t even want to think about it.

View original reply
mojococo:  It’s hella traumatic. Depression rates among women struggling with infertility are similar to those in HIV+, cancer, and heart disease patients. (I plan on telling that to the next person who tells me to just relax or otherwise dimished my ZOMG suffering.) What we’ve been through doesn’t just go away, but I do believe that as our future pregnancies run their course . . . we will begin to focus more on the happy times ahead instead of the awful road it took to get there. 

Post # 240
1673 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
mojococo:  Thank you. I had a saline ultrasound and an HSG this cycle, which seems to increase your odds a bit. It’s also the first time I had fertile CM since my MC in December. I also had to start a Vitamin D supplement because my levels were low according my RE. 

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  I totally understand what you mean by that. I always stalk them and I don’t know how they do it. 

The topic ‘6+ Month TTC Thread- Part 28’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors