(Closed) 6+ Month TTC Thread- Part 28

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 242
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2021

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  So sorry to hear about AF.  You are so right that this board is very comforting to us TTC’ers

View original reply
ajillity81:  Progesterone is the worst!  I take it days 16-25 of my cycle to bring in AF and it is brutal!  Worse then having AF!

View original reply
mojococo:  you can stick It out here with us!  Sunday will mark 1 year of TTC for me and to be honest I am not ready to cross over.  I get great support from you ladies so I have no reason to leave until I see that BFP!

View original reply
Swizzle:  you WILL be pregnant and get to enjoy a sweet cruise!  

Post # 243
17 posts
Newbee

When we did the roll call in part 27 I think a few of the bees mentioned that they hadn’t told anyone other than a friend or two.. Maybe it was just cause me and DH were further along in the process but a lot of (close) people knew that we were trying, trying for a while, and things weren’t working out well for us. I told DH as we got closer to the year mark that if he needed to talk to people he should, it shouldn’t just be me that was sharing with my girlfriends, family, very supportive online community!!

That’s part of what I was implying earlier when I said that things have been challenging to recover from since getting the BFP… I used to complain that I was having a way harder time than DH (in my defense, part of it was hormones!) but in the last few months it really started getting to him too. He was starting to become more withdrawn, the positivity wasn’t as quick to pop up and depression seemed to sink in.. As hard as it is my beebees, try not to wish away DHs worry-free style because when it’s gone the balance is a lot harder to find. I found myself hiding how I was feeling to keep him from absorbing my sadness further and even that didn’t seem to help. As I said it’s getting better now but it’s taking time.

Planning something for you is exactly what you need right now! Already I am sad that I didn’t go to Australia, I mean, when am I going to be able to make it over on a 15hr flight and how long will I be able to be away? Also remember that mother’s are happier when they have hobbies that they take time outs for so if there is a hobby that you want to take on, the time is now!

Post # 244
17 posts
Newbee

I got an apholstery book cause I always wanted to learn how to redo furniture.. Haha yes getting the book was the easy part but I figure it’s the thought that counts!

Post # 245
498 posts
Helper bee

I’ve been sharing with a lot more people, too. For me, it’s been more miscarriage-related. Anyone who knows me knows that I have not been myself since July, and most have been very supportive and sympathetic, though none of my friends have “been there.” Honestly, I don’t want to suffer in silence and act like not being pregnant doesn’t break my heart (at least a little) every day. I think about it EVERY DAY! I don’t think the issues we’re finding here are all that uncommon . . . we shouldn’t have to be quietly ashamed. I don’t really care how uncomfortable it makes anyone else.

I wish this for myself, yes, but also for all the other ladies out there who don’t have a support system like this place. My mom told me in the strictest of confidences that my cousin, whom I grew up very close to (geography has created distance), has been having trouble and has been trying since well before she got married this summer. And her husband has two daughters from his previous marriage, so that has to be hard on her. If this weren’t such a taboo thing, maybe she and I could talk about it and support each other. She has no idea I miscarried five days after her wedding. 

Being a woman is hard.

View original reply
mojococo:  That’s a really good point. While sometimes my husband’s optimism can make me feel like I’m shouldering all the worry, I don’t even want to think about how I’d react if he said some of the nihilist shit I’ve spouted on my darkest days.

Post # 246
1581 posts
Bumble bee

sara_tiara:  Are you from the land of downunder??

Swizzle:  What side effects have you had with Vitex?

I’m still waiting to O – should I start Vitex now or wait until a new cycle? (but that won’t happen becuase i AM goign  to get my BFP THIS CYCLE!!)

MissCountryGirl727:  i love that picture & DH is right – reaction don’t cause actions!!

whybee:  thanks – i have been reading about acupuncture – i may start looking into whether insurance covers it. Does ‘any’ acupuncture work, or does it have to be fertility orientated acupuncture?

Swizzle:  love it. Organise your cruise, it may even distract you. regardless of what happens between now & then, you will have a great time!

I’m starting to have a similar mindset in terms of ‘not being ashamed’ – although i haven’t had the balls yet to say that we’ve been trying for 8months out loud – family has laid off a little which is awesome, but im sure it will pick up again as SIL starts showing….grumble..

MissCountryGirl727:  If you’re nosey enough to keep bugging me about “when are we going to have kids…etc.” then you should be able to handle the fact that we’re struggling and then leave me the F alone about it. This is exactly it. Somehow I can’t shake off the *sad eyes* from family if/when they know. How do you get past that?

And in terms of DH – he has been a superstar. He was orginally with a care-free attitude of it will happen when it does, & the last few months he’s been asking for more information, just a little bit at a time…. we are at the point where he’s asking me each day whether i O & is happy to try to BD eod – even last night we annoyed eachother but he was able to get over it to initiate what had to be done.

redux:  I didn’t know that re the depression rates – very scary thought.

Post # 247
5872 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

View original reply
Nic01:  Sorry, I am late to respond to your question. I got mine from an online store:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/natures-way-vitex-fruit-chasteberry-400-mg-100-caps

I bought one bottle only, and I am taking one capsule per day. I started in the middle of my cycle, so yeah, I don’t think it should affect you. I heard that is good to avoid it while you have your period and during the TWW if you’re TTC. I read somewhere else that it could actually help with pregnancy, so who knows. I haven’t done extensive research. I suggest to avoid it during your TWW just to be safe. No side effects for me so far. I say give it a try. It might not work for all women, but it’s worth the try.

Post # 248
1581 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
candy11:  thanos a lot for that – those tablets are 400mg whereas thode on this side are 660mg so I think I’ll try 1 tablet per day even though it recommends to take 2 or 3. And price – can’t believe how cheap they are for you – under $4!! I’m looking at $18 per bottle!

im off to buy them tomorrow to see if they help..

Post # 249
2041 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
Nic01:  Nah, Canada 🙂

I’m glad everyone seems to have great support systems, because I think that’s really key. Like redux said, the one thing I think we can all agree is that we have amazing partners. AFM, I’m definitely not in a place where I’m ready to talk about it openly yet…but I’m just hitting six months, so maybe it’s because some of you ladies have been trying a few months longer? I can feel myself starting to withdraw from family and friends, and dread seeing people with kids more…so I wonder if eventually I will have no choice but to just be honest with people…

DH and I are trying to plan a trip for February-ish, and when looking at options last night he said “maybe we shouldn’t do an all-inclusive since you might be pregnant”, and without thinking i said “I’m sure I won’t be”. It made me so sad that that was my gut reaction. I’m usually such a positive person, I don’t know why that doesn’t translate to this?

PS, I also want to add, I REALLY don’t want to see any of you graduate to one year TTC, but if you do, I want you to stay here! I love our little group 🙂

Post # 251
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
Nic01:  it flared up my depression symptoms.  So after 2 months i quit and have been fine since. 

Post # 252
498 posts
Helper bee

These hot flashes. Whoa, Nelly.

Post # 253
3148 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
mojococo:  I’m taking up knitting!!! Hahah my mom is going to teach me next week. I know…4 babies being born from next month to the spring that i would like to knit baby booties and hats for. Also for my godson who is 6 months old. I love crafting and sewing so it made sense to start the knitting and crocheting. 

It can keep me busy while i wait for my BFP. 

Post # 255
3148 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  i’m making curtains for my house, then a couple simple flannel baby blankets and THEN i will be onto the knitting challenge next week. Trying my hardest to keep busy so i dont focus on my TTC woes. 

The topic ‘6+ Month TTC Thread- Part 28’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors