(Closed) 6+ Month TTC Thread – Part 32

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 32
5872 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

View original reply
mkat37:  I agree. I haven’t logged in Facebook since like September of last year. One of the reasons is the same you describe. Lots of baby pics and announcements.

I was a bit worried when we first started TTC too about “what if I get pregnant?” when planning trips. It became clear after a few months that we were going to have a hard time, so I haven’t bothered with that question anymore. I now plan trips a few months in advance (2-3 months), and you’re right, if you need to change plans so be it. At least it’s all for a good reason. FX we get our BFPs soon and don’t feel bad seeing those announcements in fb.

Post # 33
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
mkat37:  I deleted my facebook a few weeks ago for this reason. I thought maybe it caused too much stress on me (even though I kept telling myself it didn’t).  Turns out it did. I’ve been a bit more relaxed since not being on it.

Post # 34
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hi ladies,

I’ll join you! I was feeling really positive about TTC up until recently, but now we’ll be starting cycle 7 and it’s suddenly hit me with a wham that I really thought I would be pregnant by now 🙁

I’m 28, DH is 31!

My boss’s sister just had a baby and I’ve been forced to look at their baby pictures all morning… this sucks! 

Post # 35
1545 posts
Bumble bee

Ladies, I’m having a rough day.  DH upped his SNRI effexor to the full dose,  and he’s back to having problems. And of course is when It matters most. The more we BD the more he loses feeling and feels depleted. So of course when we start BDing the week before expected O, it just doesn’t seem to work. 

We are doing EOD this cycle, and were supposed to BD last night.  He said he didn’t think he could, as he wasn’t having much feeling but agreed to do it this AM since that is when he is most ready.  So I Woke him up before work and he tried with no luck. There was difficulty maintaining because there wasn’t much feeling.

I was irritated. I told him he needs to get off the meds (they aren’t a crucial thing for him) because this just isn’t working. He told me he needs to adjust to the full dose. but I know it doesn’t work like that.  He was fine of the half dose sexually, but he had upped it because he was getting nausea every afternoon.

Every time this happens he just says  “we will try tomorrow” but it doesn’t work like that. Because I may ovulate today for all I know. He just doesn’t seem to get it.

I told him we would try again when I get home but he’s insisting on tomorrow.  Given my current symptoms I’m kind of expecting a positive OPK today or O tomorrow, if not Saturday. 

I just don’t know what to do anymore, it’s so hard to continue to be understanding when its a simple solution. When I’m the one who will have to do all the testing and the medications. 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/vanike

And I forgot to mention that today is his birthday :-/

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by vanike.
Post # 36
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Roll Call!

Cycles TTC: 6

CD/DPO/POAS date: CD6   AF is due around 2/25

TTC Plan: Charting temp and CM, using OPKs, BD EOD during FW, taking Folic Acid and B6, RRL before O, and Mucinex during FW.

Known Issues: none

Link to Chart (if you care to share!): http://fertilityfriend.com/home/jammer62

For fun: What is one item on your bucket list? Go skydiving. I have terrible anxiety about things like that, so it might take a massive dose of Xanax beforehand, but I’m determined to do it someday.

View original reply
vanike:  Sorry for your BD issues. That’s a huge bummer. 🙁

View original reply
mkat37:  
View original reply
candy11:  I’m trying to stop putting things on hold as well. Trying to stop fill my mind with these, “I’ll probably be pregnant by then” thoughts. We just started planning a trip to Europe for the summer (probably July or August). If I get KUed and can’t go for some reason… oh well. Planning is fun either way.

AFM, last cycle was probably my worst yet. I had crazy “symptoms” leading up to AF, like nausea, vivid dreams, and a fluttering feeling in my uterus. AF started 4 hours before my first roller derby bout of the year… a bout I had hoped last August that I wouldn’t even be playing in because I’d be pregnant by now. So that was tough, but at least the game took my mind off of things (especially my horrible cramps!). So we’re on to cycle 6, I’ve taken a week away from WB, and I’m back and ready to be a productive member of society. I’m excited to join this thread for the sole reason that it seems to move a whole lot slower than the Charters thread. 🙂

Post # 37
2176 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Hi ladies, I hope its ok to join you here in this thread  I know most of you from over on the Charters and I’m just hoping to have an extra place to get support and help each other through the rollercoaster of TTC.

Cycles TTC: 7 

CD/DPO/POAS date: Today is CD1 of what I think to be a chemical pregnacy. I got to (faint) positive tests this week only to wake up today to the heaviest af I have seen in 14 cycles of being off the pill. I’m super sad and feeling so defeated. I plan to call my dr today to confirm that we can TTC this cycle, and if so…my POAS date will probably be 2/24 (if I have a regular cycle).

TTC Plan: Charting, OPKs, prenatals, using preseed, vitamin B-complex. This cycle I am going to start drinking RRL tea and taking baby asprin after o, as I have heard it helps with implantation.

Known Issues: Possible chemical for cycle 6.

Link to Chart (if you care to share!): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/BeverlyGeese

For fun: What is one item on your bucket list? I have always wanted to visit the Pacific Northwest. This summer, my sister is getting married in Napa, so DH and I plan to fly in to Seattle a week prior, and road trip (up to) Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, and a few coastal towns before getting into San Francisco. I’m looking forward to it!

I plan to catch up with the thread today at work!

Post # 39
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
mkat37:  Ew, that sounds like a miserable day. I hate when you feel like pregnant women are (unintentionally) rubbing it in your face, or complaining about how much it sucks. Thankfully, I only have one pregnant friend at the moment, and she a) knows we’re TTC and b) went through a slew of MCs before this one stuck, so she’s very sensitive about the matter and doesn’t bring it up unless I do.

As for Europe, we actually don’t know yet! We’re at this fun point in time where my parents are almost retired, I’m married, and my sibling is in a serious relationship. So the six of us went to Europe a couple years ago and had a good time. Now my parents want to go again and are asking for suggestions. I’m at a loss! I’ve been to a lot of the major countries… England, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium. I sort of want to go to Greece, but my parents aren’t interested. We’re considering maybe Italy or Ireland. We’ll see!

Post # 40
3345 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
vanike:  I’m sorry for your rough day.

View original reply
jammer62:  I know how you feel about the Charters thread, I’ve only been able to keep up with it for the last week and a half because I’ve been unemployed.  But come Monday I’ll be an occasional member again.  

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  Sorry again about your possible CP.  

View original reply
mkat37:  I’m sorry for your bad day.  It kind of throws me over the edge as well when some woman say things like that.  When I get pregnant (and stay pregnant) I’m vowing never to complain about being pregnant, it took me too long and so much to get there.  I kind of wish I was one of those girls that could tell it like it is, I would just call back on the pregnancy complainers.  

View original reply
jammer62:  A trip to Europe sounds like fun.  I’ve only ever been to Ireland, but I would love to go again.  

As of next week I will become gainfully employed again.  It wil be kind of nice to have that extra money coming in again, but as much as I want to get pregnant right away, there is also that part of me that is afraid of starting a new job and getting pregnant right away.  That last part isn’t really going to stop me from trying, it took us long enough to get pregnant the first time, just to have to go through the whole process again a few month later.  But sometimes I worry about having to tell my new bosses that I am pregnant, and what they will do, and how everyone will react. 

I think I ovulated on Wednesday, so one more TWW for me and I am back to TTC.  

Post # 41
2176 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Thanks everyone. I am having a tough day both emotionally and physically (This hurts – I usually have very mild, light periods and the cramping/bleeding today is excessive). I’m trying to remain positive by remembering what dh said this morning: we made it a step further and now know we can get pregnant. It’s helping a little.

View original reply
auggiefrog:  Congratulations on the new job! Are you going to be teaching again, or did you go the child care/day care route I think you were debating?

View original reply
jammer62:  I’m glad to see you back on the bee, and also sorry for your tough cycle last week. Our bodies are just so cruel sometimes, its not fair. Europe sounds amazing. I keep thinking if by some act of nature I am not pregnant by August, I would like to plan a big vacation for early next year. 

View original reply
mkat37:  I’m sorry about your hard day. I had a similar thing happen on Tuesday. For whatever reason I was feeling super emotional and sad about TTC and not having gotten a bfp yet. I got home to find the baby shower invite for my best friend and totally lost it. I cried harder than I probably ever have that night…only to wake up the next day with the first squinter. Two days of excitement and happiness, only to be seriously let down today. You are so right about some days being harder than others. It’s nice to know you aren’t alone in feeling this way and hopefully soon enough, we won’t have to experience such pain.

View original reply
vanike:  Ugh, that sounds so hard. My dh and I had a long talk a few cycles back about how o is so unpredictable sometimes, and that if we dont plan out Bd timing we might miss it. I’m also unfamiliar with the medication, but I hope you guys can get it worked out soon!

Post # 42
1545 posts
Bumble bee

Thanks for letting me vent yesterday. The medication isn’t something he can lower for a short period of time because of the withdrawal effects. I didn’t get the + OPK yesterday, but it’s darker. We’ll see about today’s OPK. Hopefully we can BD tomorrow. I suspect I might O tomorrow, and if I do, I think I’m ok with just having the one BD 2 days before O.

Post # 43
3345 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  Thanks! It’s a daycare for me right now.  I was kind of on the fence about substitute teaching, and teaching jobs in schools are hard to find right now.  I’m excited to be working with kids again, and to be getting paid again finally.  It’s been a few years since we’ve had two full time paychecks coming in, and it was nice.  

View original reply
vanike:  It sounds like you are feeling a little bit better today.  Hopefully you can get one more BD session in! 

Post # 45
1545 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
mkat37:  I’m sorry you had that rough day. I have breakdowns like that sometimes as well. It just seems to all come at once, and I do get irritated that people seem to take getting pregnant/having kids for granted. If/when I ever have kids, I’ll never forget the struggle it took to get there and I hope that I will always be aware/understanding of any couple that’s TTC. And your night of Thai food, a drink, and BDing sounds like an awesome night. I hope you enjoyed it.

AFM, I’m on CD17 still a no-go on a positive OPK. The lines for the last 3 days just have appeared to be the same exact shade, and not even “almost positive.” I was hoping to get it soon so we can stop BDing. I know DH is getting tired. Some months I just don’t get a positive. But now I’m regretting my decision not to temp this month, mainly because now I have no way to figure out how my cycle is going. I sneaked in a few temps over the last few days to try and gauge were things were. I had a fairly low temp yesterday compared to the day before and today. Today’s temp is near where my usual coverline is. Once my temps hit 97.7+ I’ll stop with the BD. And next month, I’ll temp.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/vanike

The topic ‘6+ Month TTC Thread – Part 32’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors