(Closed) 6+ Month TTC Thread – Part 32

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 496
3345 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
vanike:  I’ve wondered that in previous months as well.  My first month TTC I was also convinced I was pregnant.  I had so many symptoms that I’ve never had before that were similar to the ones I got the month I did get a BFP.  But I’ve also noticed that I’m more likely to get sick during the TWW.  

Hooray for being a ‘normal female’! 

Post # 497
5872 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  Thanks for thinking of us! I don’t usually temp the first two weeks of my cycle because the earliest I have ever ovulated was probably CD14 and not lately, so I am taking a break from the thermometer. I think this cycle I will just temp from CD14 until I confirm ovulation and stop again. It seems like my cycle goes by faster this way as I don’t have to enter my temps. There is really no action right now. We have been so busy, that we haven’t have time to BD lol! So yeah! I am really excited for our upcoming trip, and I hope DH gets to rest and relax. Too bad our FW doesn’t start until another week or so. I am glad you’re feeling better. 😉

Ladies, I decided to not buy any more pregnancy tests. I was thinking of buying the OSOMs, but knowing me I just don’t want to obsses that early in my TWW until I hit 12 dpo and by then any dollar store test should do. 

Post # 498
5872 posts
Bee Keeper

Anyone thinking of starting the new thread? I did one not too long ago.

Post # 499
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
candy11:  I don’t mind starting one. My only concern is that it’s easy for me to get distracted/busy with work, and I wouldn’t be able to keep up on the thread.

And what are these OSOMs I keep seeing around? What makes them different than other tests?

Post # 500
5872 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
vanike:  Haha you can start it. You’re welcome to comment as often as you can. On the bright side, this thread doesn’t move as fast as others do. 

As far as the OSOMs, they are tests known for their sensitivity to hcg levels. Some say they are more sensitive than FRERs, and if you buy a box of them, they come up a little cheaper too.  Also, I hear among the bees that some clinics use them with their patients to test for pregnancy. 

Post # 502
2176 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
auggiefrog:  
View original reply
vanike:  So interesting about getting sick, right? I *literally* took a sick day for a cold and general gross feeling before I got my BFP/chemical. I attributed it to the kids I nanny being sick that whole week and just getting the same bug. When I felt like I couldn’t shake the cold a week later, sure enought I got a faint second line. I really hope yours means something good!!

View original reply
mkat37:  Yippie for earlier O! Enjoy your weekend and I’m sure I will be chart stalking you the next 10 or so days. When do you think you will test?

View original reply
candy11:  
View original reply
vanike:  OSOMs also use a black dye and have less problems with EVAP or dye runs. I did get a box, but now I feel like I need to be stingy and not use them. LOL.

View original reply
candy11:  AAh, yes, I forgot you don’t usually temp during the beginning of your cycle. I am thinking that after I confirm O, I might skip to every other day during my LP since it has been driving me crazy thinking my charts look “great” to be disappointed. Plus, I’m having my Progesterone tested next week so at least I can rely on that to know if I have a LP issue.

Post # 503
2176 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Thank you, friend! I hope you have an amazing trip and survive that car load. I can’t imagine doing such a long distance drive with so many people in one car. I feel like it would start to get smelly!!

View original reply
auggiefrog:  I just have to say, your story is so humbling. While I can’t fully relate to everything you have been through, I do empathize with how you must have felt during that time. It is nice to hear how you have overcome the struggles that life had put in your path, and also reassuring to know you are in such a great place right now! DH and I have been though similarly rough “low” points in our 10 years together, and it always amazes me to look back and think about the importance of not taking things for granted that we are blessed with each day. That, I will say, is the one thing that keeps me going through this TTC journey. To know that we are so lucky in almost every aspect of our current situation makes it somewhat easier to accept whatever path we need to take to become parents. Our journey, as it sounds like yours as well, hasn’t been the easiest – but we have always made it though to the place we want to be. XOXO. Thank you for sharing your story!

Post # 504
3345 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
mkat37:  It is awesome that you O’d earlier!  If I don’t get KU this cycle I’ll have to rev up my excersize routine. 

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  Me too!  I feel like this cold is going nowhere!  I’m tired of it! During my MC cycle I hadcild symptoms that wouldn’t go away either. I can’t recall when they did. Ithink once I got the BFP I just kind of forgot. 

View original reply
candy11:  If you have troubles waiting to test then definitely stay away from the OSMO box. I think I can hold off, but a tiny part of me is thinking if I did implant at 6 DPO I might get a positive today. But I’ll be good and stay away from the box!  

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  I just hope we don’t get amnesia when we do get KU. I wish there was a way to bottle up how you felt at a certain time and keep it to go back to when you needed that dose of reality. 

Post # 505
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
mkat37:  I keep telling myself I need to stick to exercising, but I just don’t. I do well for a few days and then who know what happens.

Acupuncture is going to turn me into a POAS-er. He told me I have to test before I go in next week. I’ll be 10 or 11 dpo by then. My LP is usually 12.

Should I wait until this thread closes to start a new one?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/vanike

Post # 506
3345 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
vanike:  I vote start it now! 

I’ve had more signs to keep me hopeful.  My CM is still more abundant than usual, I very suddenly couldn’t keep my eyes open last night when shopping, and I had a little bit of cramping in the afternoon.  And I finally am able to temp again and got a pretty high temp for myself!  I’m getting excited to temp on Wednesday. 

Post # 508
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  I ‘m super behind, but I’m glad your appointment went well! Your doctor sounds wonderful.

The topic ‘6+ Month TTC Thread – Part 32’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors