(Closed) 6+ Month TTC Thread – Part 32

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 61
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Tmpalm:  Me too! If this is my month, then I’d be able to do an annoucement for my mom’s birthday. She’s got a big mouth, so she’ll be someone I can’t tell right away unless I want everyone else knowing.

Then I look at Mother’s/Father’s Day themed ones, 4th of July, etc.

Post # 62
5872 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

View original reply
Tmpalm:  
View original reply
mkat37:  I love day dreaming of how I would announce to family and friends. Fortunately, we have special occasions spread out during the year, so we can potentially announce in every season. 🙂

View original reply
auggiefrog:  
View original reply
Tmpalm:  I love the Easter egg reveal idea. Mother’s Day has been in my top list for years as a reveal day.

Post # 63
2176 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
candy11:  I hope you are close to o! I thought of you the other day at cvs, I saw they are selling HI kits now! Is that what you are using?

View original reply
auggiefrog:  
View original reply
Tmpalm:  
View original reply
mkat37:  I’m a little late to the game but I love looking at due date calculator/when we could announce. I’m a bit sad as if this baby had stuck, we could have announced on our anniversary (which also happens to be Easter) and it would have been perfect. Now, I’ll hope for mothers day!

View original reply
MiJeS1104:  Gosh it can get so addictive! What stroller are you liking. I have been a nanny for 8+ years now….so I know exactly what I want. It kills me to share my list with my friends and see their registries have everything I would want as a mom.

View original reply
fruitloop234:  Welcome!

Post # 64
1477 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  I love the Britax B-Agile 4 (one with 4 wheels) in the Slate Strie color. Also has the matching carseat with it.  Actually I’m obsessed with it. LOL  I originally wanted the 3 wheel version in Red but I like this one a lot more.  It seems really easy to manuever, which I really like.  I know there are more expensive strollers out there (my SIL wants a $1,000 one) but I don’t find it necessary unless it was changing my baby’s diapers too.  Then THAT is worth it.  LOL  But I looked at some others and see people with bigger ones and they just look so bulky and being I would be a first time mom, I want something that’s easy to manuever AND that gets great reviews.  Do you have any recommendations as well?

Post # 65
1477 posts
Bumble bee

Roll Call!

Cycles TTC: 10 (almost at 1 year though )

CD/DPO/POAS date: CD 25/7DPO AF due February 11th

TTC Plan: Being my prolactin levels are slightly elevated above the norm, RE wants me to have an MRI done to make sure there isn’t a mass on my pituitary gland.  If everything goes smoothly, hoping to start IUI next cycle.

Known Issues: None besides the elevated prolactin.  SA was great, HSG showed tubes were clear, and all other bloodwork was good.

Link to Chart (if you care to share!): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/mijes1104

For fun: What is one item on your bucket list? It’s not a huge one, not life changing or a big deal. But going to Chicago is on my bucket list.  Yup, mainly for all the delicious food that I see on food shows on TV. 

Post # 66
2176 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
MiJeS1104:  Oh that is a great stroller! I am like your sister and want an expensive stroller. I have told dh that there are two non-negotiables when we buy for baby. One is the chair I want for the nursery and the other the stroller. I plan to get the uppababy Vista – which I like for a few reasons. First, it adapts to hold the carseat I want (chicco keyfit). I like the ease of how it collapses and travels. Also, it comes with a bassinet seat, which you can buy a stand for…so there won’t be a need for a separate bassinet. (Later, you can get an insert that turns this stand into a laundry hamper). The stroller has the ability to grow with your family, too, and you can add a jump seat or a standing board for older kids. To me, it’s worth the investment since I am familiar with it and really like it! I also like the BOB jogger if you are into that. I don’t run, but it is also really nice to take for long walks as it is a smooth ride. The seats also recline fully so toddlers can nap in the stroller!

I seriously LOL at your wanting the stroller to change diapers! I have spent the last few days scrubbing toddler poop out of a shag carpet as we try to potty train during nap. Something to look forward to!!!!

Post # 67
1477 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  I may end up changing my mind when the actual time comes. I just feel my SIL wants the stroller only because it’s expensive, not because of the features. She bought a $3,000 handbag on my wedding night, spends probably at least $500 on a pair of shoes… So that’s why I think it’s just a status symbol for her. And that annoys me.  

Post # 68
1477 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  The Uppababy Vista looks really nice! And I do like the fact that it can grow with your family.  Maybe I’ll check it out when the time comes. 

Post # 69
2176 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
MiJeS1104:  oh gosh ya – I am so not that type of person. But I have used a lot of strollers in my day and I personally think it would be worth the investment. And this is coming from someone who just bought baby books at a used bookstore.. ha! I just felt like when you add up a stroller, a possible second stroller (for more kids), a bassinet, etc. that it made sense to just splurge. The bassinet was a big one for me, though. The. All clip in to the stroller base so you can interchange them if you wanted when baby is little. 

Post # 70
1477 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  I totally would spend the money if it made sense to, which that kind definitely does.  I was thinking that too, with the b agile, it’s one and done. So buying another stroller in a couple years, I would’ve spent already the same amount if not more. I really want to get that BFP already! 

Post # 71
2176 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
MiJeS1104:  I feel ya on that bfp! The universe is giving us time to spend researching all of the stuff we want so that when we do get pregnant, we can spend that time enjoying it. I know it will happen soon! If you (or anyone) need other tips on kid things that are necessary or not, let me know. I’ve seen it all!!

Post # 72
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
mkat37:  Complain away – I sympathize! Ovulating that late sucks!

Post # 73
17 posts
Newbee

View original reply
candy11:  Agreed, what a great Mother’s Day surprise a pregnancy announcement would be! My mom would be so pumped

Post # 74
17 posts
Newbee

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  I’m always checking the due date calendar after O, haha. It’s good to know I’m not the only one!

AFM, I got a doctor’s appointment next week. Can’t wait to hear what she says (and does) about my crazy cycle!

Post # 75
3345 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  Now that is a stroller!  

The topic ‘6+ Month TTC Thread – Part 32’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors