(Closed) 6 months and counting

posted 8 years ago in August 2010
Post # 3
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I feel like I’m in a wedding planning lull.  I did the big stuff right away, got my dress over Christmas, and haven’t done much since.  I know we really need to figure out the music situation…still debating band and dj.  And I need to meet with bridesmaids and figure out dresses, but I’m sort of lacking motivation at the moment!  We’re going to check out the venue again next weekend, maybe that will get me going again?

Post # 4
173 posts
Blushing bee

I feel like I got most of the big stuff out of the way too and am not sure exactly what else needs to get done RIGHT NOW.  I want to get flowers this month and start researching/pricing invites and limos.  We got our weddings rings this past weekend!  🙂

Post # 5
92 posts
Worker bee

I also can’t believe we’re in the 6 month mark! I’m also in a little bit of a lull. All the big stuff is done as I’m planning a wedding in Cleveland from London and most stuff got done on a trip home in November. Now I’m preparing for another trip home in April when I’ll tie up more loose ends.

Chose bridesmaids dresses this week, finializing invitations and just booked honeymoon. It seems like there isn’t tons to do until you know more about who is coming…

I hope the next 6 months go fast! I’m sure they will

Post # 6
542 posts
Busy bee

I’m glad to see others that are in a planning lull.  I have all the big stuff done, my dress arrived last week, and now it seems like there are just the little details to take care of.  It seems like there should be something to do (because everyone keeps asking me) but I honestly don’t know what that would be.  Sometimes I think I’m forgetting something! 

Post # 7
6597 posts
Bee Keeper

Wow I can’t believe August is creeping up on us! I have most of the big stuff done.

Need to nail down a baker for the cake and order the flowers soon. My girls are in the process of getting their dresses organized and I think that is all for now! My dress comes in in March I am soooo excited!

Post # 8
40 posts
Newbee

I think it’s going to be fast.  This month went by super fast for me.. but then again we’re still taking care of a lot of the bigger items on our list because I only got engaged a few weeks ago.  Good luck on your dress shopping trip! 🙂

Post # 9
97 posts
Worker bee

6 months is scary for me.  I’ve hired a personal trainer to meet and give me a routine once a month but I can’t seem to motivate myself yet.  Any of you trying to get buff for the big day (or in my case…slim down a few sizes!).  I’m currently 168 and would love to be closer to 148 by August.  Weight Watchers worked for me (recently lost 20 pounds) but I am soooo unmotivated to stick with anything! 

Any tips?

Post # 10
22 posts
Newbee

I also can’t believe we’re at the 6 month mark. Once spring gets here, it going to feel so close. I’ve gotten my dress, florist, bridesmaid dresses, video, photographer and save the dates have gone out. I still have honeymoon, invitations and cake on the list. 

@Jenn33 I’m also trying to get in shape for the wedding. Right now, I’m on the couch when I should be on the treadmill. I also am on weight watchers and have lost. I have about 8 more pounds to go.

Post # 11
2719 posts
Sugar bee

I’m pretty much in a planning lull too, but I feel like I should be doing so much because it’s coming fast!

Post # 12
1385 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

This is so crazy we’ve hit the 6 month marker, still yet to DIY: painting vases for centerpieces, finishing Out of Town bags, filling Out of Town bags, buying invites (already designed), making my lace veil, printing out our informational binders and making pocket schedules!

PHEW! ALMOST THERE!!

Post # 13
296 posts
Helper bee

i feel like I’m in a planning lull too. I have a feeling that at the end of this month, I’m going to realize how much I really do still need to do and then I’m going to panic. lol

Post # 14
967 posts
Busy bee

Gotta get our cake, my shoes, jewelry, finalize hair and makeup artists…

I can’t believe it’s approaching so quickly!!

The topic ‘6 months and counting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors