6+ months and nothing from videographer – normal?!

posted 8 months ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 2
7002 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I can only speak as a wedidng photographer, my turnaround is usually 8-12 weeks, usually closer to 12 during the prime months. Video is a bit more labor intensive when it comes to editing. If they said 3-6 months and it’s been over 6 it’s time for you to reach out to them and firm. “Our contract states videos are ready within 3-6 months, it’s now been X months. I need a firm date of delivery of our video.”

Post # 3
701 posts
Busy bee

spiralblast :  we received our wedding video almost a year after our wedding but our videographer was editing everything himself so after a busy wedding season he had a lot on his plate. I didn’t rush him because we wanted him to take his time and he didn’t disappoint. 

Post # 5
2527 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Ours was 90 days but only working days (no weekends/holidays). We literally got it back the last day before the time was up. 

Unfortunately if the contract doesn’t give a specific time frame, your hands are kind of tied here. You definitely should have pushed back on that “generally” language. 

Post # 6
1890 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

Regardless of the contract, if they have exceeded the window, I’d ask for a firm date or ask for the raw footage and a partial refund if they are unable to complete the project in a timely manner. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors