(Closed) 6 months in…feeling sad…mini vent

posted 6 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
6015 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

you have to let it go.  it will make you crazy if you don’t.  You said you had a beautiful day and your marriage to your wonderful husband is going great.  The honeymoon should have let you focus on what was important . .. your husband and you.  You got married in July … do you really want to hang on to the anger forever?

Post # 4
7649 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I felt the same way until about the end of August or so (July 6 bride) and all of a sudden I had too many other wonderful things to worry about. My day went perfect because that is the mind set I have myself in. Did some things go wrong? Of course, but do they really matter now almost 6 months later? No. My husband and I are happy together, going to buy a house, and will start ttc here in a few months.

It is sad that the day has ended, but you need to stop with what if’ing this wedding or you will start to find flaws in everything, and that is no way to live. Be happy that the day happened, you looked beautiful, felt good, and married a good man.

Post # 5
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@fresitachulita:  I think there should be something called “post wedding syndrome!” Seriously wedding planning consumes you then it’s just done….. I got the same way. We are TTC so that has helped a lot to shift my focus. Good luck lady! Your not alone.

Post # 6
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

It was so long ago, by now, try to let it go…weddings are supposed to last a couple of hours and the stress is supposed to end at the same time the wedding does…enjoy your marriage and your Darling Husband and focus on other things now, like maybe decorating your home with beautiful wedding pics.

Post # 7
8041 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@fresitachulita:  I think this is fairly normal, but as PP have suggested, you need to find a way to let it go.

It makes sense that you’d feel a bit let down and not sure what to do w. yourself. Many women build up the wedding day to epic proportions, and then when it’s over it’s a big void.

I think the best thing you can do is to find something new to focus on. Set some goals. Plan a trip or two.

I always feel crappy for a couple weeks after I go on a vacation… especially if I’ve been looking forward to it for months. We typically make sure we always have something to look forward to so it lessens the letdown feeling a bit. I know vacations aren’t the same as weddings, but basically when you build something up in your mind and then it’s over, it’s always sucky.

Post # 8
526 posts
Busy bee

I felt the same way.  I couldn’t even look at my wedding pictures until about 10 months after the wedding.  Just try to get excited about other things, like decorating, babies, houses, school, or vacations.  🙂

Post # 10
3638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

*hugs*

It sucks that people didn’t do right by you for your wedding.

But it was still gorgous, you are married to a great man and you have beautiful photos which you want to display. 

You’ll afford more frames in time. But until then, perhaps make your desktop wallpaper one of the best photos? 

The topic ‘6 months in…feeling sad…mini vent’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors