(Closed) 6 months married, bring on the holiday season!

posted 5 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hi! Happy *almost* 6 month anniversary to us! Time really has flown.

Hubby and I will be going on our delayed honeymoon….celebrating the holidays in style in Thailand! 🙂

Anyone else have plans?

Post # 5
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We’ll pretty much be doing what we have done the past few years…the only difference is, we’ll be going home together at the end of the night! We have two activities on Christmas eve and two on Christmas day. A few days later, we will celebrate with his family.

Gift-giving wise, we’re not doing anything too major for each other. We just bought a brand new washer-dryer, so that is kind of our present to each other. We’re doing a few other things, though. I got him a cigar sampler (good deal from Groupon), Halo 4, a pair of athletic shorts, and a hat. I am hoping he gets me a pair of Toms.

It’s also weird to think that this time next year, we could be in the middle of a pregnancy! We’ve talked about TTC in May. I’m trying not to think about that too much, because if we aren’t at this time next year, it could be a bit of a downer.

Post # 6
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Dh and I both come from large Italian families. It was (and is) customary for us to travel to so many houses over the holidays to see everyone. Christmas Eve and Christmas day are so hectic. However, a month after our wedding my job moved us to the Midwest (from Boston). This is the first Christmas either one of us have been away for the holidays. It was hard not seeing everyone. But it was also nice to share our first Christmas alone as a married couple making our own traditions. We didn’t feel too left out because we got to facetime with everyone back home. Overall, it was a nice day.

Post # 7
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

I hope everyone enjoyed their first Christmas as a married couple! We had a few bumps in the road. Nothing too bad, just things that can be solved with some better family communication. I also learned a valuable lesson…I need to cut back on some of the things I’ve been trying to do! I got a little too caught up in trying to make sure that we would have the perfect “first Christmas” together.

Darling Husband loved all of his gifts! I also got him a wine cork holder (which is more of a gift for the two of us), which was his favorite. I did get a new pair of Toms, which I absolutely love. I also got a juicer attachment for our mixer, knitting needles, and my Us Weekly subscription is renewed :-). We still have Christmas with his side of the family tomorrow, which will be fun. I’m also doing a little bit of holiday shopping for myself on the Thirty One Outlet site :-).

How did everyone else’s Christmases go?

Post # 8
Bee
1902 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza

I can’t believe we will be celebrating 6 months in just a few days! It truly feels like yesterday. We had a wonderful holiday together. We did a lot of traveling this year to see family and friends so we’re tired and burnt out, but happy and thankful for each other and our families.

We kept it small with gifts this year, but Darling Husband bought me the sweetest, most sentimental gift… When we were in Jamaica on our honeymoon I absolutely LOVED the coffee they served at our resort. It was just so delicious and every morning I drank almost an entire pot. 😀 Anyways, Darling Husband found the same exact coffee they served us and bought me a package!

It was such a random, thoughtful gift and I was instantly transported to our hotel balcony where we ate breakfast every day as I sipped my coffee on my way to work this morning. 🙂

Post # 9
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

@Mrs. Coyote:  That is such a great gift! Darling Husband and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon…where did you stay? We brought back a bottle of rum from Jamaica and opened that on the 23rd…which was our exact 6 month anniversary :-).

Post # 10
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

we survived the holidays… we started celebrating the 23rd with father in law and his fiancee, my parents, our children and my sister.- we hosted at our house. then on the 24th we hosted another dinner this time with his mom and two aunts and 3 cousins and one cousin’s bf.( this one i wished we didnt) no one help cleaned up and left me all the work of cooking and cleaning- which would have been fine if i was a normal 26 year but i seriously have the body of an 80 year and was in horrible amount of pain but tried to suck it up. christmas day we had our family(hubby,and i and 3 children) open gifts and relaxed a bit before we went to hubby’s uncle and aunts and spent the afternoon there and then went to my sisters house to celebrate with my side(4 siblings plus their ssignifcate others,two cousins and their s/o 2neices 2 nephews and lots of pets…. we only stayed for 2 hours because of my body. people could tell i was in bad shape so they excused us.

lots of new years resolutions on my plate– loose weight gained 30 pounds in 6 months is not okay) hopefully get some sort of resolution from the medical professionals and find a car i am comfortable in…

happy news years to everyone!!!!

The topic ‘6 months married, bring on the holiday season!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors