(Closed) 6 months of stress eating and now I can’t fit into my dress…

posted 8 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 3
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I swear by The Daily Plate.  Part of livestrong.com.  It will give you a calorie structure for how much you want to lose.  It puts eating in perspective and you will make healthier choices.  I do at least a 30 minute workout 3-4 times a week.  The weight will come off you just have to have discipline.

I know you can do it!  

Post # 4
27 posts
Newbee

I think you can do it.  That is four months and 15 lbs.  So about a pound a week.  Weight watchers is great too and addictive. However, you won’t be able to do alterations in the meantime.  What did your tailor say?

Post # 7
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

Ooh girl. Don’t spend the money. I feel like the same thing’s going to happen to me! I’d try the “pound a week” thing, or else i’d probably push myself to get on that treadmill twice a day.

In fact, maybe I should do that anyways! ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck! Try sparkpeople too, that might help if you don’t like the daily plate (who knows, different things work for everyone!)

Post # 8
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@madcitybride- You have discipline…stare at your dress every day ๐Ÿ™‚  And think that you will be stunning in that dress, Which you will!

@laboroflove-  Totally agree about different things work for different people.  My bff did not think it worked for her.

Post # 9
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

The best luck I have had losing weight is on soup—this is not a wierd crash diet or anything, just homemade soup.  I would make a big pot on Sunday, and then have it for dinner every night.  Soup is very filling, and (can be) super nutritious as well.  I tend to be starving when I get home from work, so being able to heat & eat RIGHT AWAY really helped with my problem of grazing a ton of calories before dinner was ready.

Worked for me–your mileage may vary!

Post # 10
531 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You can absolutely do it, we are wedding day twins!!!!  I am planning to lose that much too before the wedding/first fitting (actually WAY more, i have a unrealistic goal ).  If you want, we can be health buddies until the big day, send me a PM if u are interested.  We can exchange email addresses and keep eachother posted.

I am not very disciplined either

Post # 12
531 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

i know you can, i know you can!!!!

Post # 13
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yuuu can duuu eeet!  I know you can and so does this guy!

Hopefully, you’ve seen “The Waterboy.”

Post # 15
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Whenever I feel down, my bff says this to me in the same accent as Rob did in this movie.  Always makes me crack up too.

Yuuuu can duuu eeet!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 16
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I think you can get in the gym and shed some weight. Let your wedding be your motivation!

The topic ‘6 months of stress eating and now I can’t fit into my dress…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors