(Closed) 6 months of stress eating and now I can’t fit into my dress…

posted 11 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 17
1134 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You totally can do it! If need be, you can spend the money on alterations rather than a new dress. I’d stick with what you’ve got. You were that size six months ago and you will be that size again!

Post # 18
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2010

You absolutely can do it! SparkPeople.com is also a good site, similar to the Daily Plate. Good luck!

Post # 19
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

You can do it!  And even if you don’t lose the whole 15 lbs, see if your seamstress can put in a corset back ๐Ÿ™‚  4 inches looks fine with lacing and it will let you  cinch it back down to wherever you end up with the weight loss!  No need to spend a ton on alterations that way!  Hope this helps….

Post # 20
186 posts
Blushing bee

15lbs in just over 3 months can totally be done!  I joined weight watchers 3 weeks ago I’ve lost 8lbs so far and have roughly another 16lbs to go (I’m getting married in June too).  I’ve never dieted in my life, but WW is so easy to follow and if you do it online there’s forums you can join (similar to WB actually) to get moral suport from others following the plan.  I’m finding it really fun and I never thought I’d say that about a diet!  Also walking is a great way to lose weight, even 30 mins a day can make a difference ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know what you mean about stress eating, I do the same, I put on 2 stone in two years from starting a new job, studying at Uni and planning my wedding, but we can take back control!!!!  Good luck, you can do it!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
39 posts
Newbee

I’m a June 5th bride to and I just started my exercise/diet routine.  The dress I tried on when I bought it was one or two sizes too small so when we ordered it we just went with one size up.  It hasn’t come in yet but hopefully it will all work out!

I totally hate exercising and dieting but I know I need to get healthier so don’t just do it for the dress or the wedding, do it for yourself!

Post # 22
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Cheering you on in however you decide to address this. I will offer one thing: I am loving the Spanx Slim Cognito. Seriously, the thing took three inches off my hips (FI and I used a tape measure to check).

Post # 23
1045 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2008

You definitely have time to do it with dieting and exercise, but don’t panic too much– a good seamstress can add a panel, or add in a corset back.  Even if you stay the size you are, your seamstress should be able to work with you.  Good luck!

Post # 25
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

You can do it, as long as you have the determination!  I’m a huge advocate of Weight Watchers and would suggest giving it a try!

Post # 26
10216 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

you definitely can do it!!

Post # 27
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

You can totally do it, 15 pounds isn’t much!  I know, I know, alot easier to put on than take off…trust me I KNOW!  YOU CAN DO IT THOUGH!  If all else fails, do atkins, LOL ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 28
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

You can so do that! That’s 3.75 lbs a month! All about diet and excercise! Also, take pix of your dress and post it wherever it is you snack most for motivation! (desk, on fridge) Good Luck!!!!

Post # 29
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

yes, I agree! you can totally do it! it’s not unreasonable and don’t let yourself be your worse enemy!! keep us posted!

Post # 30
2765 posts
Sugar bee

I started a food delivery plan a while ago, and dropped 15 pounds!

https://www.zonemanhattan.com/SampleMenus.aspx

If you’re looking for a healthy way to kickstart some weight loss, this is a pretty good one. ๐Ÿ™‚  No processed sugars… it’s all very healthy food, but seasoned nicely so it’s tasty!

Post # 31
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I know how you feel….I’m in the same boat.  I got my dress back in November and decided to try it on just for fun and it ziped only half way.  I’m so disappointed in myself.  I need to loose 15 – 20 pounds before October.  I started the atkins diet yesterday and i’ve been doing pretty good so far, hopefully i can stick it out.

You can loose the weight, you have to focus…Good Luck!!!

The topic ‘6 months of stress eating and now I can’t fit into my dress…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors