(Closed) 6 months of stress eating and now I can’t fit into my dress…

posted 11 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 32
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Alright…I will probably get yelled at for writing this, but seriously it is how I feel.  Just get it done!  I preface that statement with hoping you don’t have any type of eating disorder or have yo yo dieted in the past!  Because if you (or anyone has) yo yo dieting can completely mess with your health including your reproductive, heart and skin!  Not worth messing with…so disclaimer over.

When I say get it done…here is my prescription for actual results for a beautiful bride.

1. Do not eat past 6 pm…Absolutely Not, no food.

2. No Booze, even if you need it want it (if you do thats a problem)…two weeks prior to the wedding, begin a re-introduction program and have a couple drinks just so you are not bombed by your toast!!!!!  Remember alchohol is completely empty calories, and creates massive bloat.  You don’t need it!

3.  Vitamins…get on em’!  Vitamin B, Chromium Picolinate, Vitamin C and a really great mutli-vitamin plus a skin, hair and nails formula. Take them in the morning with a sensible breakfast.

4.  Two a Days…think wake up with sit ups, push ups and a 20 minute fast walk.  Follow up with a real cardio workout during the day. Focus on two areas you really want to see results and push yourself…no pain no gain!

5.  Enlist a friend!!!!!  Get someone you absolutely trust involved in your dilemna…not the Bee Board (though we are awesome) someone who can motivate, chastise, lecture, etc…who won’t be insulted when you tell them to go stick it!

6.  You are what you eat, what foods can you not live without, for me oddly pizza and peanut butter.  Every morning I have my guilty pleasure peanut butter and am generous with myself when I feel I need some pizza for lunch. But, balance is the key and you know exactly what tips your personal scales!!!!!

7.  Be kind, set a reward.  As others said YOU CAN DO EET! Reward yourself in some way as you watch the pounds go bye bye!

8.  If all else fails, talk to your DR. you may be able to go on  a prescribed medication, with real oversight, by a real medical professional just this once (and depending on your currect health and past medical history)…There are magic bullets, they are expensive and take a major toll on your system, but they are out there.  If you are desperate talk to a professional, but do not try to circumvent a REAL Dr. if this is your last resort. 

Post # 33
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

im so in the same boat as you.  Im drinking lots of water and eating fruits and veggies not so much bread or sweets.

Post # 34
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think you should try to shed the extra weight! If you love that dress and spent the money on it then why not curb how you eat. Instead of stress eating unhealthy/sugary foods, try to go for healthy foods! Like grilled veggies, or salads, or switch to healthier boxed/canned foods. Look at the sodium and sugar levels.

But the best thing to do is stop drinking fruit drinks with a lot of sugar in them and pop. Switch to water! It will help a lot. You can also put water flavor packs in it also.

Good luck! 

Post # 35
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I agree with Ticker, just do it! You can do it, and you definitely have the motivation (a gorgeous dress with an equally gorgeous bride in it). Its going to be hard but when you think you can’t do it, go put your dress on and think of how long it took you to find the right one.

The topic ‘6 months of stress eating and now I can’t fit into my dress…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors